A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Matthaeus:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Matthaeus is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Matthaeus, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
Education & Awards
Dr. Matthaeus graduated from Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee.
Dr. Matthaeus has 26 hospital affiliations:
- St. Joseph's Hospital-Milwaukee
- Aurora Sinai Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Matthaeus accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Medica Health Plans - 2 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Managed Health Services - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. William G. Matthaeus practice?
Dr. William Matthaeus practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Milwaukee, WI.
Additional practice locations include: Thiensville, WI and Racine, WI.
See Milwaukee Internists, Milwaukee Hematologists, and Milwaukee Oncologists.