Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Matthews
Dr. William Matthews, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Monroe, LA. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease, Internal Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Matthews is affiliated with St Francis Medical Center - Downtown, P&S Surgical Hospital and Glenwood Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. William Matthews has the following 3 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical...
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating...
Dr. William Matthews is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Monroe, LA.
Dr. Jennifer Prime
Monroe, LA 0 mi8
Dr. Michael Oneal
Internal Medicine, Hospitalist
Monroe, LA 0 mi11
Dr. Richard Fincher
Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine
Monroe, LA 0 mi30