Dr. William Mcgann MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

November 1st, 2016
Fantastic Physician
Dr. Mcgann and his staff are the most wonderful medical experiences I have ever had. As a patient who has had many surgeries and who has a mother who was an Oncologist at CPMC for over 30 years, I understand the stress and scrutiny placed on most physicians and medical staff and the effect it can have on patient care. However, Dr Mcgann and his office staff are outstanding in their attentiveness, beside manner, and patience. When I first came to his office in need of a hip replacement, I was very nervous and concerned about what that would mean for the future of my very active lifestyle. Dr. Mcgann did not try and push me into surgery, as did the first surgeon I encountered at Marin Orthopedics, but reassured me that I would know when I was ready for one. So far, he has been one of the most intelligent, knowledgeable, caring, and patient doctors I have ever experinced, and believe me, I know plenty! That also goes for his entire staff, especially including, but not limied to, Elizabeth, his PA. She returned all of my call promptly and has excellent follow-up and is very knoweldgeable. I am still a little nervous about my upcoming surgery, but I am much more at ease knowing that Dr, Mcgann is the one performing it. He has my upmost confidence in his skill and abilities. My only problem with him is that he can't be my Primary Care Physician as I wish he could be my regular doctor!! Also, his daughter is a fabulous physical therapist and is as knowledgeable, patient, and caring as her father. "The apple truly does not fall far from the tree", in this case!! I would not only reccomend Dr.Mcgann and his daughter, but would implore one to change doctors if they where seeing someone other than Dr.Mcgann.

March 18th, 2013
Total hip and knee
Dr McGann is a very dedicated, intelligent and caring surgeon. He replaced my hip and knee in 2012. Both were done without problems and the hip scar is barely visible. His beside manner is caring and he spends time with his patients to ensure they are comfortable with the planned surgery. He is always willing to answer questions and provides examples when necessary. I will need another hip and knee replacement in the near future and I plan to rely on Dr McGann's expertise for these surgeries as well.

November 5th, 2009
Excellent surgeon and physician. I would highly recommend this doctor to anyone with hip or knee pain. Excellent bedside manner.

July 19th, 2009
TWO SUCCESSFUL KNEE REPLACEMENTS!
I am happy to report that I have hadtwo successful knee replacements performed by Dr. McGann, one in 2001 and 2009). He is highly recommended by many and has a good solid reputation. I am thankful that technology and Dr.McGann's expertise in this field has allowed me to be able to walk again without pain. I would be a cripple if this was not available. I recommend Dr. McGann highly. His staff is also very professional and Peter is great andvery helpful! Don't wait as longas I did - get it done before more damage occurs.

March 6th, 2009
Great Doctor
Great Doctor, so far after 3 other doctors he was the first one to be able to diagnose me!!!

November 4th, 2008
Dr. McGann is very attentive and never seems rushed. His results on my very difficult revised total hip are excellent. I highly recommend him.