Dr. William Mcglathery IV Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. William Mcglathery IV?

Posted on February 9th, 2013

This man had been my Ophthalmologist off and on for 3, 3 1/2, or 4 years. I never had a problem with him, thought he was cool, and slightly funny. Him and his staff were nice to me as I was to them. I was never rude to them and always said hi, yes ma'am and no sir. Well last year one night my autoimmune condition attacked my right eye. I put some drops in it hoping that would hold me off until I could see Mcglathery the next day. I took a nap for a few hours and when I woke up I was in pain and light was sensitive to that eye. I tried to hold out because I did not want to bother the doctor. Well I couldn't hold out any longer so at around 10 or 10:30 that night I called the medical exchange to leave a message for Mcglathery. The lady said he was taking calls and she would send him my message. Well a few minutes later I received a call back from McGlathery. He had an attitude and basically told me I was bothering him and that he had an important surgery he needed to do in the morning. He also said he was one step away from dropping me as a patient which floored me because not once have I ever been rude to him or his staff and the only time I see him is if I am having a flare or it's a check up. Plus out of the 3-4 years I was under his care I had moved to another state and started seeing another ophthalmologist so I never even saw him that much before I moved and when I moved back. And I don't even call him because like I've stated I don't like to bother people. Even though this was an EMERGENCY. He also said that was my second time calling him that late and did I at least put eye drops in to see if that would work. Why does it matter what time a patient calls their doc especially if they are in pain? The person could be sleep and a sharp pain could come on them waking them up at any hour of the night and morning. Well basically when I got off the phone with him I was in tears. This man treated me so poorly, cold, and nasty all because HE was taking calls and I was having a flare up which I couldn't help. COMMON SENSE would say if you don't want your patients bothering you, calling after a certain hour, or you don't want to take calls then either have another doctor accept your calls for you or just don't accept them after a certain time period DUH. The nerve of some of these doctors and how they treat their patients and act towards them especially depending on what kind of insurance they have. If it wasn't for US he wouldn't be in business lol. Anyway I filed a complaint with Texas Medical Board and of course they sided with him saying "he had a right to say that and choose when he doesn't want to accept calls". Lol yeah doctors have a right to decide when or if they want to accept calls after hours but they don't have the right to be nasty about it and they should use COMMON SENSE when it comes to that situation. It looks especially embarrassing when a "college educated" person lacks common sense. He didn't have the right to be mean and nasty to me. If he had a personal problem with me then he should've addressed that with me or if he simply no longer wanted my business he could've told me and I would've gladly found another doctor. I no longer see this man. He's the typical big head, fat ego, doctor that has NO bedside manners. I have found another eye doc and she is great. I'd prefer to have all female doctors anyway. Also beware of fake reviews for McGlathery. I left him a review on yelp for what he did to me and his minions came out of the dark and left a bunch of fake 5 star reviews for him and got my review flagged and filtered. I never would have left the reviews if he hadn't of treated me the way he did. But there are other websites and rest assure I will get how he treated me out to the public to warn other people. No matter who McGlathery bribes to leave good feedback for him,

Love him!

Posted on June 14th, 2012

Love his sense of humor! He is just not only a good doctor, but a really fun doctor. I love to come and see him. His sense of humor is much like my youngest son.

Posted on May 17th, 2016

Posted on May 6th, 2011

Contact Lens Care

A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.