Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat), Plastic Surgery Specialist, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

Nov 17th, 2014

I went to him with a broken nose. it now not only looks worse but I can't breathe out of it. his bedside manner was awful, I should have left running. what a joke this guy is, don't let him touch you for any type of surger

Jun 15th, 2014

I can't make heads or tails with these reviews. But, this is my experience. I went to Dr. Mealer for a breast reduction. The first meeting, he's a bit abrupt, but seems to be on track with what he's doing. He outlines the procedure I will need and we make arrangements. The next visit prior to the surgery, he doesn't remember me (not too surprised by that, a lot of patients), and says I need to have pictures taken, and gets a bit strident about that, but I point to the file on his lap and say, I was here before and I had pictures taken, I'm scheduled for surgery next week. Then, he says that one breast is very much larger than the other and he'll have to take more from one side. I'm stunned. That's not what he told me on the first visit, or what measurements, pictures, mammogram or other procedures documented, and not what my own personal physician stated. I said nothing, thought perhaps it was a busy day and I felt he had a good reputation. . . so, . . but, the morning of the surgery . . . none of my blood work, tests, history, etc., were at the hospital and the hospital wanted to do it all over again at an additional charge. I backed out and haven't been back. Only surgeon in my area, so I'm stuck. These reviews here are all over the map. I don't know what to think of him. I just wasn't comfortable.

by Very Disappointed on Oct 9th, 2013

I am interested in Breast Augmentation and in order to feel comfortable about a procedure of this caliber I wanted to do my homework before booking a surgery. I had a friend that received the TUBA procedure, looks amazing and had nothing but good things to say about her results and experience. I know for a fact that she had this procedure in Bozeman MT but I couldn't remember the name of the doctor so I just thought I would start making some calls. Unfortunately I called Dr. Mealer's office first and was completely blown away how rude the receptionist was to me. Mind you at the time I was still in the early stages and didn't know much about breast augs in general and the receptionist practically yelled at me when I asked about TUBA ( in hindsight I know I struck a nerve because she knew that I was needing to talk to DR. HUGH HETHERINGTON at BIG SKY COSMETIC SURGERY). She implied that Dr. Mealer was the only Dr. in Bozeman that did breast augs and when I questioned this (since me friend had literally already had TUBA done) she said "your friend obviously didn't do her homework" which insulted my friends credibility by arguing that she didn't have TUBA?!?! News flash, she already had it done! I normally don't like to bad mouth people, but I was fortunate enough to ask around and finally got in touch with Dr. Hetherington's office, where they do TUBA. I wanted to inform all of those other people out there in the same boat and offer my experience as a warning. I was treated with the up most respect at Dr. Hetherington's office, the staff was so friendly and patient with me since I had millions of questions. They helped me feel comfortable about everything because they gave me the time of day and didn't question me. I'm sorry but if you have to bad mouth other Dr's in order to make your practice seem more appealing then I have a problem with that. Tell me why I should choose you based on your credentials and show some professionalism, yes I'm speaking to you receptionist at Dr. Mealer's office. Good luck to all you others out there inquiring about TUBA or breast augs in general. Just take some advice and research and do your homework otherwise you'll be lied to by a grumpy receptionist at Dr. Mealers office.

|  Bad experience  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2013

I went to Dr Mealer a few years back and had a tummy tuck. He did a terrible job. My belly looks worse than it did before. I am embarrassed by it. He said I would have a cute belly button and it is a disaster. My tummy was sewed up crooked. I went back to have it repaired and he screwed it up again. He is a nice man but I wouldn't trust him to sew a hole in a shirt...Be very careful if you use himn

by satisfied patient on Aug 8th, 2013

I had my face done by Dr. Mealer a few months ago. I was very specific about what I wanted; to take about 10 years off my face and to NOT look like I've had a total face lift w/stretching and tightness. I got exactly what I asked for. Not once has anyone commented on my "face lift" but I am often told how wonderful I look. Calling him now to make an appointment for some tweaking. I would send anyone in need of a refreshed look to a full face lift Dr. Mealer. Just remember, no matter who your Dr is to be specific with what you want done, they can't read your mind.

|  What a quack!  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2012

This man should not be calling himself a doctor. What a joke! He claims to be a plastic surgeon and can't even attempt a rhinoplasty. What a crock!He's rude and unprofessional. Run, don't walk from this man's office.

|  Messed up my face  |  show details
Dec 5th, 2011

I had a face and neck lift that went very bad. My neck is all muttled and I now live with deep scar tissue everywhere. I've been to other doctors to fix it and they say there is nothing they can do. I look worse now then I ever did.

|  Dr.William R. Mealer was my doctor for years  |  show details
by Elizabeth Robinson on Mar 27th, 2008

After performing a full facelift on me in the early 1990's, he refreshed my face with several smaller procedures:eyes, cheeks, etc. over the years and I referred several friends to him, also, over the years. We all miss him, since he moved to Montana, but we rest assured that he gives his all to the practice and he can be trusted to make a tired face appear rested and natural. You have nothing to worry about with him on your side.