Dr. William Meller MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.2

August 25th, 2016
HORRIBLE
Terrible, rude , condescending... He made me feel worse and did not care about anything I had to say, he just wanted to talk down to me… Went through my entire medical history and scoffed about my few little things, refused to write me a prescription for something I have been taking consistently, But in moderation for five years ( as needed ambien/Xanax) I have mild insomnia and anxiety, I take about one pill every week or two… As little as I can, and he told me I don't need these things… Maybe he has never been up for 72 hours straight.

January 5th, 2016
account executive
Run from this man as I will not call him a doctor! Rude, insolent, incompetent and arrogant. I was visiting from out of town and needed to see a doctor. This was not a doctor...and has no business practicing medicine

February 24th, 2015
Rude. Patronizing. Incorrect diagnosis. Complete waste of money and time.

April 9th, 2014
insulting doctor
This doctor should give up medicine. He is arrogant and condescending. He asked my 16 yr. old daughter embarrassing questions that were not necessary to ask. He embarrassed her and insulted me. I am going to file a complaint against him.

December 1st, 2011
If you want a real doctor to heal you this is the guy. He is straight forwared and is a suberb clinition.

June 16th, 2011
Worst experience ever with this doctor
Dr. Meller was the worst nightmarish doctor I have ever encountered. I am writing to the CA medical board to complain about his treatment towards me which was very inappropriate.

June 5th, 2011
Dr. I'm-Right-&-Everyone-Else-is-Wrong-Including-You
I thought this kind of arrogance died out with the last generation of old timer know-it-all doctors. I observed his narcissism in the first 30 seconds of meeting him, so decided to just to ask all my questions, including my "test" questions to check his competence, and then mainly just do friendly grunting while he held forth on his soap box lecturing AT me. Doctor-wise he is definitely out there in granola airy fairy land. I was seeing him regarding hormones which I had studied for years. Therefore I had also previously experienced a range of treatments & knew advice which did not make good sense when I heard it. He had recently written a book about all his ideas, so my appointment mainly consisted of being trapped in a tiny exam room to hear his philosophies from his book. Although he spent a long time with me, it was a complete waste of time.

November 15th, 2010
An insulting experience
This doctor was absolutely atrocious, his bedside manner was shocking at best. I went as an unscheduled walk-in because of an infection I had and a cold/flu that I caught while I was on anti-biotics. He criticized the medicines that I am prescribed and nearly mocked my chronic back-pain. He simply told me that I "need to stop taking" the Clonazepam I am prescribed; even I know that these types of drugs cannot be simply stopped and would be dangerous. Aside from the danger of his suggestion, this was the first time I had ever gone to Dr. Meller and he instantly assumed he knew all the answers to my conditions (which where not even the reason I was there). He then criticized my chronic pain and tried to tell me that I could simply be cured of my pain if I stood with my hips forward. Once again he had no previous knowledge of any of my conditions, nor did he even inquire how I got injured, and did not have the common sense to be more helpful/considerate knowing that I suffer from anxiety. Furthermore he finally addressed my cold/flu and his method of doing this was opening an albuterol inhaler and showing me how to use it (I am 19 and have been using inhalers on and off since I was roughly 8). Overall the experience was EXTREMELY unhelpful, and after trekking to the closest clinic open on a sunday I wasted my entire day and received absolutely no help from Dr. Meller; not to mention the impact of his insults. I was not pleased with him to say the least.

July 10th, 2010
Beware Dr. Meller
I've seen this doctor, unfortunately, probably 8 times over the years in Santa Barbara. I have a friend who has seen him too at the MedCenter. We both HATE this guy. It cannot be overstated what an arrogant jerk he is. In fact, I'm here online looking for a new internist just to change my insurance from my Select IPA plan to Sansum, just so that when I have a need to go to an urgent care place, I don't have to go to Dr. Meller's MedCenter and risk having him treat me again. So, I'm leaving my internist (another doctor) just to avoid the MedCenter (Dr. Meller's clinic). The last time I saw Meller, I came in with an ear infection. I've had them since I was a kid (swimmer's ear). Meller looked in my ear and said "What did you stick in your ear... a Qtip?" I replied, no, I know NOT to stick Qtips or anything in my ears. He responded (and I'm not making this up), "You're lying. You did too put something in your ear. What was it? A bobby pin?" I was so stunned by his telling me I was lying that I just sat there and finally said, "I'm so shocked you called me a liar, I don't know what to say to convince you I didn't put anything in my ears." He then confirmed I did indeed have an ear infection and asked me what I had at home to treat it. I told him I had some old cortisporin that had expired about 5 years ago. He said, "That's fine. Use that. Medicine never really expires." So, I left with nothing, just instructions to use my old expired meds and the insult of having been called a liar in the examination room. I will NEVER, ever see this jerk again. No more will I call before I come to see if he's working and then guage how sick I really am - if I'm really sick enough to have to risk dealing with this jerk. Good riddance.