A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Merrill:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Merrill, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Asbestosis (Asbestos-related diseases)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Lung Diseases
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
Education & Awards
Dr. Merrill graduated from Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee.
Dr. Merrill has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Medical University Of South Carolina
- Musc Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Merrill accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 8 plans
- Absolute Total Care - 1 plan
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. William W. Merrill practice?
Dr. William Merrill practices Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care Medicine, Emergency Medicine, and General Practice near Charleston, SC.
See Charleston Internists, Charleston Pulmonologists, Charleston Critical Care Practitioners, Charleston Emergency Physicians, and Charleston General Practitioners.