Dr. William Mills MD Patient Reviews

February 23rd, 2017
Practice is unresponsive
Dr. Mills seemed pleasant and competent. However since I was to have a pretty extensive surgery, I did want a second opinion. I waited extra weeks so I could take copies of the MRI with me. When I arrived at the second opinion physician, 2 hours away, the disc that was sent by Dr. Mills office had only partial views from the MRI and they were not sequenced. It had a bunch of really old stuff. Now I have to make that drive and pay for another appointment. I've left messages and emails requesting a new disc and asking them to check it to ensure it is in order and the correct films. Reception will not put my call through to his nurse, Xray does not respond and everything there is poorly managed. I'm sure Dr. Mills is good, but the work of the office was careless, unresponsive and sloppy which is a concern when you are trusting more than the doctor to assist you with a surgery.

September 21st, 2016
The reason my wife and I went to see Dr. William Mills was to get a second option. After a 2 1/2 hour meeting with Dr. Mills and his nurse, Angela, we decided that Dr. Mills would do the surgery on my back. He and his entire staff made my wife, Nancy, feel very comfortable and Dr. Mills was extremely professional in talking with us and reviewing my x-rays with me. He and Angela went over all the pluses and minus regarding the surgery and we both felt that I was in good hands, not only with Dr. Mills but the Conway Medical Center too. The staff at both places were remarkable regarding my health and well being and always included Nancy in our discussions which made us both feel that this was the right decision for me. I would recommend Dr. Mills and his staff to any one who requested it, my wife and I can not say enough wonderful things about Dr. Mills and his staff.

August 29th, 2016
Back Surgery
I had been suffering from chronic back pain for years. Have gone through many series of injections with my Pain Management Dr. Injections stopped working and was referred to Dr Mills for consultation. He recommended I have a discectomy to correct a bulging disc. I am now 100% pain free! Amazing!

April 9th, 2016
Sorry doctor!! Spends no time with patients, no bedside manner, doesn't listen to anything patient says. Would not recommend!

June 17th, 2015
Excellent Surgical Dr. he did my ALIF surgery and i am very pleased with the outcome. would definitely recommend Dr. Mills to anyone with back problems! he literally has your back !
Doctor's Response

Good afternoon, Timothy. We are so happy to hear about your positive experience with Coastal Orthopedics. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Thank you!

May 31st, 2015
about my back problems
Dr. Mills is the type of Dr. that is always eager to fix your problem as fast as he can, and lets you know it, to cancel your misery. That in itself sold me, which explains his good experience. I later had a collapsed disk for which I followed up with but did nothing more about. He is a good surgeon which is all I needed. I could care less about anything else at the time. Forget about the bedside manner for he lacks in that department. I don t need to be babied anyway. I was made as comfortable as I needed to be. I would go back if I needed to. Sincerely, I am.
Doctor's Response

Hello, Bill. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Coastal Orthopedics and for sharing your kind words. It made our day! Thank you for choosing Coastal Orthopedics for your care.

April 29th, 2015
Outstanding service through the whole ordeal.
Dr. Mills and staff were a breath of fresh air. They helped me tremendously.

February 24th, 2015
Great doc and staff
I saw Dr Mills for lower back pain. I was diagnosed with SI pain. His PA, Shawn, did an injection on me the same day. An hour after the injection the pain was gone. The shot lasted about 6 months and then it suddenly returned again. I called the office and his nurse Angela got me in the next day for another shot which took away the pain. I'm so grateful for this office. They're always so accommodating and will get you in immediately.

January 21st, 2015
Dr. Mills the best in South Carolina
I love Coastal Orthopedics. Ive been going to this group for a few years and they treat me like i am the most important person, and i like that very much. They take great care and thoroughness to make sure i received the best care possible. I recently had a 4 level acdf with Dr. Mills and i am thrilled. Everything went very smoothly. I am feeling wonderful; it's been almost 2 months since surgery. Pre surgery, i was nearly crippled. Post surgery, i have new lease on life and am getting back into the active lifestyle i once enjoyed. Thank you to the team, Angela, Shan, and Dr. Mills for their absolute professionalism. I highly recommend this group if you are in need of expertise regarding the cervical spine, thoracic, and lumbar.

December 8th, 2014
Dr Mills is a great doctor!
I've been seeing Dr Mills for neck and back pain. I've had neck and back pain for over 30 years. Dr Mills did a MRI and showed several bulging disks in my neck and lower back. We tried physical therapy, injections, medications but it didn't work. Finally I told him I wanted it fixed with surgery. I told him my back was hurting the most. I was put on the surgery schedule within 2 weeks. I had an XLIF done on my back. After the surgery his PA came to check on me in hospital. She was very caring and explained everything. It took me about 6 weeks to fully recover from the back surgery. After 6 weeks my back pain was gone! I was able to bend, lift, and golf without any pain!! About 8 weeks later from my back surgery, I had my neck surgery. When I woke up from the neck surgery my arm pain was gone. It was amazing. I had the arm pain for 2 years but after the surgery it was gone! It took about 6 weeks to recover from the neck surgery. I feel great! No pain in my neck or back. I'm so glad I found Dr Mills and this office. He's a very caring doctor. His nurse is great too. Very prompt at returning my calls and messages. His PA is very caring and great at explaining everything. If you are suffering and in pain, Dr Mills is the doctor for you!
Doctor's Response

Hello, Susan. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Coastal Orthopedics and for sharing your kind words. It made our day! Thank you for choosing Coastal Orthopedics for your care.

December 4th, 2014
Great Doctor and Staff
Dr Mills is a great doctor. I've had lower back pain for over 20 years. Been told by other doctors to live with it. When I saw Dr Mills he looked at my MRI and said I can help you with surgery. I had the XLIF surgery within 2 weeks of seeing him. After the surgery I felt great. The severe pain I had in my back and legs was gone. It's been 6 weeks since the surgery and I am 95% better. Just have occasional soreness in my back with strenuous activity. I'm so grateful for Dr Mills, his PA and nurse for taking good care of me. I highly recommend Dr Mills and his staff.
Doctor's Response

Good afternoon. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Coastal Orthopedics and for choosing us for your orthopedic care!

October 2nd, 2014
My success story
The most memorable thing about my experience with Dr. Mills was his confidence when telling me that he will get rid of my pain. I had suffered with back pain for more than 30 years. I am now pain free and able to do all the things I was unable to do before my surgery. Loved the staff working there, but not the wait sometimes. I would tell a friend experiencing the same kind of pain, to choose Dr. Mills as he is worth the wait, and that I know he would do his best to get you pain free, and doing all the things you are unable to do. The surgery I had was less invasive than the traditional open back, and recovery was quick. I would definitely choose this doctor again because, I had seen so many doctors in the past and only Dr. Mills had the right treatment for me.
Doctor's Response

Hello, Judith. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for Coastal Orthopedics! We're glad you had a good experience. Thank you for choosing Coastal Orthopedics for your care.