Dr. William Mills Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. William Mills?

HORRIBLE

Posted on October 27th, 2017

HORRIBLE. Charged me $300 for a 45 second appointment, said my only hope was surgery, based on GLANCING at ONE x-ray. NEVER discussed conservative measures of ANY kind and then sent a bill ten days later for an additional $115 after 3 people said I was paid in full. I could have flushed $300 down the drain and got as much help.

Posted on March 30th, 2017

I couldn't be more pleased with the services performed by Dr. Mills. I had major neck surgery and Dr. Mills did a fantastic job.

Finally got help

Posted on March 16th, 2017

I had shoulder pain with numbness and tingling down my arm. I seen one doctor who gave me a steroid, mobic, and flexeril which did nothing. Saw another doctor who got a MRI of my neck which was negative and he recommended PT and acupuncture. I am a very busy working mother and have little time and money for PT. As a nurse, I then got new shoes, an orthopedic pillow, did stretching exercises and low weight training, started using better ergonomics at work, went to a chiropractor and massage therapy, used heat and ice therapy.... Nothing worked and I would go home some days after working 12 hours crying in pain, my husband had to help me shower and get ready for bed. On my days off, I lived on the couch, unable to do anything in fear of the pain getting worse. I was about to give up and started to try and figure out how to live my life without working. I decided to try one more time with the only expectation of possibly getting a referral to someone like pain management or a neurologist. This pain has been there for almost a whole year with no relief. I made the appointment and saw Dr. Mills who took the time to listen to me. He gave me a shot in my shoulder and ordered an EMG and MRI of my shoulder. My pain started getting better after about a week and by the time my next appointment came, I felt 90% better. All my test were negative and my diagnosis was bursitis of the shoulder. I am still working at home with weights to restrengthen my arm muscle from a years worth of very little use due to pain. I am now able to function normally again and do things with my kids and work without pain. Now my tears are of joy that this ordeal is over and I was finally able to get help. Dr. Mills was amazing.

Practice is unresponsive

Posted on February 23rd, 2017

Dr. Mills seemed pleasant and competent. However since I was to have a pretty extensive surgery, I did want a second opinion. I waited extra weeks so I could take copies of the MRI with me. When I arrived at the second opinion physician, 2 hours away, the disc that was sent by Dr. Mills office had only partial views from the MRI and they were not sequenced. It had a bunch of really old stuff. Now I have to make that drive and pay for another appointment. I've left messages and emails requesting a new disc and asking them to check it to ensure it is in order and the correct films. Reception will not put my call through to his nurse, Xray does not respond and everything there is poorly managed. I'm sure Dr. Mills is good, but the work of the office was careless, unresponsive and sloppy which is a concern when you are trusting more than the doctor to assist you with a surgery.

Posted on September 21st, 2016

The reason my wife and I went to see Dr. William Mills was to get a second option. After a 2 1/2 hour meeting with Dr. Mills and his nurse, Angela, we decided that Dr. Mills would do the surgery on my back. He and his entire staff made my wife, Nancy, feel very comfortable and Dr. Mills was extremely professional in talking with us and reviewing my x-rays with me. He and Angela went over all the pluses and minus regarding the surgery and we both felt that I was in good hands, not only with Dr. Mills but the Conway Medical Center too. The staff at both places were remarkable regarding my health and well being and always included Nancy in our discussions which made us both feel that this was the right decision for me. I would recommend Dr. Mills and his staff to any one who requested it, my wife and I can not say enough wonderful things about Dr. Mills and his staff.

Back Surgery

Posted on August 29th, 2016

I had been suffering from chronic back pain for years. Have gone through many series of injections with my Pain Management Dr. Injections stopped working and was referred to Dr Mills for consultation. He recommended I have a discectomy to correct a bulging disc. I am now 100% pain free! Amazing!

Posted on April 10th, 2016

Sorry doctor!! Spends no time with patients, no bedside manner, doesn't listen to anything patient says. Would not recommend!

Posted on June 17th, 2015

Excellent Surgical Dr. he did my ALIF surgery and i am very pleased with the outcome. would definitely recommend Dr. Mills to anyone with back problems! he literally has your back !

Doctor's Response

Good afternoon, Timothy. We are so happy to hear about your positive experience with Coastal Orthopedics. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Thank you!

about my back problems

Posted on May 31st, 2015

Dr. Mills is the type of Dr. that is always eager to fix your problem as fast as he can, and lets you know it, to cancel your misery. That in itself sold me, which explains his good experience. I later had a collapsed disk for which I followed up with but did nothing more about. He is a good surgeon which is all I needed. I could care less about anything else at the time. Forget about the bedside manner for he lacks in that department. I don t need to be babied anyway. I was made as comfortable as I needed to be. I would go back if I needed to. Sincerely, I am.

Doctor's Response

Hello, Bill. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Coastal Orthopedics and for sharing your kind words. It made our day! Thank you for choosing Coastal Orthopedics for your care.

Outstanding service through the whole ordeal.

Posted on April 29th, 2015

Dr. Mills and staff were a breath of fresh air. They helped me tremendously.

Great doc and staff

Posted on February 25th, 2015

I saw Dr Mills for lower back pain. I was diagnosed with SI pain. His PA, Shawn, did an injection on me the same day. An hour after the injection the pain was gone. The shot lasted about 6 months and then it suddenly returned again. I called the office and his nurse Angela got me in the next day for another shot which took away the pain. I'm so grateful for this office. They're always so accommodating and will get you in immediately.

Dr. Mills the best in South Carolina

Posted on January 21st, 2015

I love Coastal Orthopedics. Ive been going to this group for a few years and they treat me like i am the most important person, and i like that very much. They take great care and thoroughness to make sure i received the best care possible. I recently had a 4 level acdf with Dr. Mills and i am thrilled. Everything went very smoothly. I am feeling wonderful; it's been almost 2 months since surgery. Pre surgery, i was nearly crippled. Post surgery, i have new lease on life and am getting back into the active lifestyle i once enjoyed. Thank you to the team, Angela, Shan, and Dr. Mills for their absolute professionalism. I highly recommend this group if you are in need of expertise regarding the cervical spine, thoracic, and lumbar.