Dr. William Reed Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 16th, 2017
WRIST SURGERY
DO NOT GO TO DR REED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 of the screws came out and cut a tendon!!!!! bedside manner SUCKS

September 17th, 2016
jmurph

June 26th, 2016
I wouldn't go to any other Dr

May 15th, 2016
Bad surgeon
The worst! He should have lost his license a long time ago yet he keeps resurfacing and trying to reinvent himself. He is a bad, bad man. .

April 20th, 2016
Quick to recommend surgery. Isn't very informative about the surgery to put you at ease

March 20th, 2014
Uncaring
If you are seeking a surgeon who shows little concern for his patients and their experience he is the perfect choice. Absolutely not recommended both for attitude and surgical results.

December 2nd, 2013
Very arrogant and defensive if asked penetrating questions. Spent very little time with us, mostly we interacted with assistant. Actually bragged about his work... until we said we were having some problems then he said "well it is certainly not because of my work"!

November 30th, 2012
Good doctor. Sort of quiet. Staff was friendly. Both of my appointments went smoothly. Would recommend to a friend.

August 7th, 2012
What an idiot!
Every surgeon in town knows about Reed's horrible reputation and how he will "cut" on ANYONE! He is rude and disrespectful. He lost privileges at the hospital he "founded" -- Heartland Spine. He was kicked off of the board and ultimately kicked out of the facility he had ownership in. Good thing is that poorly run hospital is going out of business!

June 11th, 2012
God Complex
Dr. Reed is a brilliant surgeon, but has no bedside manner or cares for his patients. He actually took 2 phone calls during my visit and one was 2 schedule a golf date, the other was his wife making dinner plans. He told me 1 year ago there was no surgery for my spine and then turned around a year later and wanted me to have surgery. DO NOT trust this doctor, it is a money grab

March 29th, 2012
Wow is all I can say
I had several test done by Dr. Reed.. one of them was and I quote a "scream ogram" it was the most painful thing i have ever had done, was told needed surgery. Got everthing lined out get to the hospital and ready to go IV in hand only to be told that the insurance company denied the surgery.. hmmm wonder why??? he couldn't even document to them WHY I needed to have the surgery. I"m happy to say that the INSURANCE company saved me from this monster... I should of sued him for mal practice!!!

March 18th, 2012
After 6 spine operations by 6 different surgeons I began to loose hope that any doctor would be able to cure my back pain. Unfortunately, I continued to suffer from horrible back pains so I gave surgery one last try. Being my final surgical procedure I spent a great deal of time researching doctors trying to find the absolute best spine surgeon in the midwest/ US. I narrowed down my potential surgeons to a small group and found Dr. Reed was in a league above every single surgeon I investigated (and that was a huge list) Multiple friends recomended Dr.Reed and several colleagues spoke highly of his knowledge, surgical ability, and reputation in the community so I scheduled an appointment. Dr.Reed spent a great deal of time with me making me feel comfortable and informed, explaining every last detail causing my back pain and the procedure he suggested to aleviate my pain. I was rather surprised, yet thankful, for the time Dr. Reed spent with me. To be honest I am an "average Joe" thus seeing several extremely upscale patients waiting in his office I expected to wait a long time, be rushed, and treated with disrespect as I experienced with all of my other physicians. I am happy to report one day after surgery my back pain is gone! I can't tell you how amazing it was to wake up with no pain for the first time in 35 years. Dr. Reed truly exceeded my expectations and gave me a reason to live and enjoy life again. If you have back pain don't make the mistake I made by seeing other physicians, just go to Dr. Reed!