inactive

William H Obenour MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 3rd, 2015
I have been a patient of Dr. Obenour's since 1983. I have lived foreign many of these years. It was nice to know I could call him and return stateside if necessary. Plus being a very thorough doctor, he has become a good friend. I feel very confident in his diagnosis and treatment. I rate him the highest!

March 27th, 2014
Talented and Gifted
I met Dr. Obenour while still at TWU in the medical center. He was treating a friend of mine who was difficult to dealt with. I was so impressed with his kindness and talent that when my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer, several years later, I called him from the airport in tears and asked him if he could get her into Methodist and take her case. He didn't remember me, but he did exactly as I had asked and he remained her doctor until she died in 2005, 25 years later. She never had another recurrence. I live in Austin and have seen him very little since her passing, but, he was always able to alleviate my fears over a symptom, and teach me something along the way. He is one of kind and I do not suspect we will see the likes of him again in this changing medical environment.

February 19th, 2013
Extraordinary physician
I selected Dr. Obenour as my physician when I first came to Houston at the age of 24. I am now 57 and he has seen me through all the ups and downs of the past 33 years. He has, over time, become not only our family physician but also physician to many of my friends. He is so highly respected throughout the Medical Center that when I mention his name other doctors come to attention and tell me how fortunate I am. I do feel very fortunate to have found such a gifted and brilliant Internist.

October 23rd, 2011
internist Needed?
If one is looking for the very best professional internist, I haighly reccommend Dr Obenour.

September 18th, 2011
Robert Briggs
Professional. Able to explain complex medical issues in simple, understandable language. Spends the time I need. Caring. Staff well organized, polite, pleasant. Never a long wait.

August 16th, 2011
Dr. Obenour is a kind, caring, and intelligent man who listens to his patients.

March 24th, 2011
One of a kind
Best doctor I have ever known. All of my family and many of my friends are lucky to call this man our doctor. Cumulative "patient years" of family exceed 100, and we keep going back. The other doctors in the Medical Center confirm that he is one of the best.

December 1st, 2010
highly professional and caring
Dr Obenour is absolutely wonderful. He spends a good deal of time asking questions and listening to my thoughs/concerns regarding my health issues.I never feel that he is too busy or in a rush to move on to the next patient. To follow up, he always mails a very detailed letter summarizing his findings after my appointment/test results and has above average communication/listening skills. Strictly top notch.

November 19th, 2010
Dr. WHO
He is far and away the best physician I have ever had any physician-patient relationship with, bar none.

April 5th, 2010
Truly "Old School" and Caring
Dr. Obenour is a rare find - a doctor with incredible bedside manner and skills. He cared for my dad for years, and took an interest in the well being of the entire family. His equally caring staff helped my mom through a very difficult time. He has since become my doctor, and has amazing diagnostic skills. He truly listens and sees the big picture. He's not a "take this pill and go away" doctor. He follows up to make sure things are going well. AMAZING!