Dr. William Ondo MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

October 28th, 2015
I had the DBS in 2007...and it was successful for about 4 years...then my walking gait became very difficult and my voice has almost left me...is this because of the surgery or not and ,if so ,can anything be done to correct this?

October 14th, 2015
A miracle worker
I was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease 4 years ago. I moved to Houston, consulted with Dr. Ondo, and he was able to completely reverse the course of the disease so that I have no symptoms whatsoever any more. He is a miracle worker.

October 3rd, 2015
Helped my husband with his illness by providing him with appropriate medication. Very companionate doctor. Truly cares for his patients.

August 27th, 2015
Helpful treatment
Dr. Ondo has treated our adult son for the past few years. Our son has Autism. The initial treatment worked very well but medication was discontinued because of side effects. Current treatment is helpful. Dr. Ondo has always treated our family with respect and spent ample time with us for examinations. My only complaint would be appointment scheduling. Appointments are usually made a year to six months in advance and we have had them call us the week before to reschedule. We drive three hours one way so rescheduling is a big deal for us.

August 13th, 2015
Dr Ondo is the best Doctor I have ever gone to. He takes the time to find out the problems and does his best to resolve it. I have been going to him for about 20 years. He is the best doctor in Houston

July 24th, 2015
Dr. Ondo is a nationally-recognized expert in Restless Legs Syndrome, which is what I saw him for. He explained all the medication options and worked with me to get the combination of medications I needed to almost completely eliminate my symptoms. I was impressed with his response when I called with a problem or question. He always called me back personally and did it promptly.

February 6th, 2015
OFFICE SUCKS
Waiting 3 months for an appointment to see this doctor. Got a text to confirm it 6 days before. Confirmed via text. Then get a call the next day that my appointment was cancelled for failure to confirm appointment. Now they want me to wait another 3 months to get in again? I don't think so. Poor service, poor office management, poor overall! WTH!

November 18th, 2012
My wife had seen 4 other Neurologists before Dr Ondo and he was the only one to give her a correct diagnosis. She has a rare condition call Multiple System Atrophy which was constantly misdiagnosed as Parkinsons. He has always been considerate and attentive to her. He was especially caring when he explained that this is a fatal condition with no effective treatment.

June 9th, 2011
My husband sees him for tics. When we saw him last we told him on the form and verbally what other neurological problems my husband had. He never looked at the form and completely ignored what we said. My husband is 50 and shows signs of dementia. The following day I took him to PCP and he couldn't believe the Dr. Ondo didn't listen or do order an MRI.The PCP feels that my husband has normal pressure hydrocephalus and has ordered an MRI.Dr. Ondo wrote an article about NPH and didn't realize or didn't listen to the symptoms. My husband will never go back to him.

April 8th, 2011
a fantastic neurologist
I have seen countless neurologist -- about 10, which seems countless when you have a problem -- and though several may have had a better bedside manner than Dr Ondo, not one came close to effectively dealing with my situation. I had been diagnosed with migraines, essential tremor (since the age of two) and with Restless Leg Syndrome (since childhood). Dr Ondo agreed with diagnosis(es) and actually treated them effectively.Also, his staff is outstanding -- kind, caring and very professional.

February 28th, 2011
skilled and informative
I have a complicated cervical dystonia, with a saggyral shift (that is definitely mispelled). Dr. ondo has done everything to learn exactly where to put my botox injections and he is not one to force extensive amounts of chemicals on a patient. He is a specialist who commonly works with children with severe movement dissorders as well as the elderly. He explains exactly what he is doing and since my intellectual level has always been high (with many other things not being so great mind you lol), its nice to have a doctor not attempt to speak in baby talk to me. I used to feel pain every day, and now it is just two weeks pre and post botox, so three weeks a year.