Dr. William Irvin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. William Irvin?

Lung Cancer

Lung Cancer

Have you seen Dr. William Irvin?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 18th, 2017

Seeking the Best Care

I was very confident in my decision to have Dr. Irvin perform my ovarian cancer surgery and fortunately I experienced no major complications. However, immediately afterwards I felt abandoned as a patient -from the cold delivery of my diagnosis by phone while I was in ICU, to one five-minute visit during my 6 days of hospitalization, to turning over my chemo/radiation treatment discussion to an intern who could not answer my questions, to my post op exam with no exam to see if I was properly healed. There were no referrals to cancer support groups, psychological counseling to deal with my terminal illness, genetic testing or clinical trials, dietitian, etc. which I know other cancer patients receive as part of their team care. I had no confidence at that point that I would receive the physical/mental support I would require to get me thru the grueling months/years of treatments to fight this disease. Cancer treatments are too expensive to not have the best support team behind you as you fight for your life.

September 27th, 2015

Ovarian cancer

I highly, highly recommend Dr. Irvin. His surgical skills and bedside manner are at the absolute top. He was a consummate professional but warm and kind with me and my husband. If I had a concern or question regarding my condition, he would get back to me promptly. I can't thank him and his staff enough.

May 27th, 2015

Was recommend by my OBGYN. Dr. Irving answered my questions and worked with me to get the necessary care I needed when I needed it. His staff is polite and efficient.

March 12th, 2014

Dr. Irvin is takes time to completely explain the diagnosis and what is to be expected with treatment. Dr. Irvin has a great bedside manner and is comforting. The staff in his office are friendly and helpful. When I had a concern after surgery, Dr. Irvin's nurse called me back promptly. I highly recommend Dr. Irvin.

May 12th, 2016