Dr. William Packard MD Patient Reviews

February 6th, 2016
GREAT DOCTORS ARE HARD TO FIND.
DR WILLIAM IMBRIE PACKARD WAS MY PSYCHIATRIST FOR 10 YEARS HE BROUGHT ME BACK TO REALITY.HIS EASYGOING MANNER AND PROFESSIONALISM ARTE TO BE COMMENDED.

July 30th, 2014
I totally agree that Dr. Packard has the "old school " approach to his counseling and only sits back and listen. I know someone who is suicidal and her daughter contacted him about her concern regarding her mother's matter. He never returned any of her calls about her extreme concern.

July 29th, 2014
Dr. Packard has no knowledge about how to matters in elderly conditions with age related paranoia and cannot diagnose them. He does not know how to correctly deal with my mother's similar problem. I have seen him do nothing but sit back and listen while my mother is in session. I have absolutely nothing for him because of this.

February 7th, 2010
A caring and knowledgeable man
Dr. Packard is a physician who always allows enough time to complete a session even if it means running over. He is a careful and sensitive listener who explains his analysis of a subject well. When it comes to medications, he takes time to explain his choices and what to expect regarding side effects and effectiveness.

January 21st, 2010
A great doctor and a better man!
Dr. Packard is the most caring and intelligent doctor I have ever been to. He takes a deep personal interest in you and remembers all the details he needs to about your situation. He takes the time to discuss your situation thoroughly with you and his treatment options are always a discussion, not something that other doctors would just shove down your throat (no pun intended). He is easily reachable, and always calls me when I need him to. Dr. Packard saved my life. He is like a great friend I've known for years, not just my doctor. And, he is even a better man than a doctor!

January 7th, 2010
Great doctor.
I don't know what that other review was talking about, because Dr. Packard is a great doctor. (The "fell asleep" bit is totally absurd!) I was so surprised and disturbed to read that review that I felt compelled to write my own to address it.Dr. Packard was my psychiatrist for three years, and is a very special person. He practices an old-school method of psychiatry, where he actually meets with each patient for 45 minutes every week for talk therapy -- instead of just seeing you for ten minutes once every couple months to write a quick prescription, which is what the vast majority of psychiatrists do now, unfortunately.Dr. Packard is an empathetic, intelligent person, which is immediately apparent when you talk to him. He has a rare warmth, coupled with a truly brilliant mind. He is a healer. I don't know how else to say it. He is a very special person (praise I do not use lightly), and someone that I'll always remember fondly.In terms of techniques, he uses a multi-disciplinary approach that doesn't rely too heavily on any one theoretical viewpoint. He will help you come to your own understanding of your emotions, actions, etc. through conversation, without imposing an artificial framework onto you.I hope this helps.

December 17th, 2008
Fell asleep during treatment several times
Will keep you as a patient as long as you have money and prescribe anything you want...just keep making payments.