Dr. William Payne MD Patient Reviews

3.6

• Good
  • Bad

January 30th, 2017
This was going to be my 3rd spinal surgery. My original doctor is no longer in Springfield. I was a bit apprehensive going to a new surgeon. Dr. Payne is wonderful. He took the time to explain everything to us. I would highly recommend him.

May 13th, 2016
Worst experience ever! Ruined my life with spine surgery

March 24th, 2015
He did not listen to me at all. Did not examine me at all. Told me I was getting old and should deal with the aches and pains.

December 9th, 2013
Cervical Surgery
Dr. Payne misdiagnosed me to begin with then it took a year for him to get me back in to get the right MRI done and we felt he only did that to shut us up when low and behold his whole neck is messed up having to go in for a cervical fusion and then a spinal decompression not happy with his cockyness , and rush to get patients out of the office being so confident he is right with nothing to say that he is

October 12th, 2013
Amazing Dr. and Surgeon
A week ago today Dr. Payne perfored an anterior cervical discectomy and fusion on C5-6. I am completely and utterly amazed at how easy and effective this procedure has been! I have joint problems and this was my 13th surgery and my 1st by Dr. Payne - it was by far the most manageable (regarding pain) and had the easiest and shortest recovery period. He is straight forward, professional, knowledgeable, and an artist! Definitely would recommend him!

July 25th, 2012
Super nice guy, very smart. Office staff was great! Couldn't be happier. My ability to walk was immediately better after surgery. What a talented surgeon

December 12th, 2011
Very prompt and listened to me. Outstanding!

September 28th, 2011
Big mistake
i was referred to Dr. Payne by my primary care doctor after being in a bad car accident. I was encouraged to see the nurse practitioner, who was kind but totally misdiagnosed my problems. She thought I had one compression fracture of the spine when in fact I had six. When I could no longer walk and contacted the office they were not the slightest bit concerned.Dr. Payne finally saw me in person then and he was abrupt and showed me little compassion despite the fact that I was in severe pain and terrified. His office staff were uncaring and the nurses I dealt with were horrible- verging on being rude. I finally went to another specialist but due to being treated incorrectly initially I now have permanent damage to my spine. I would never recommend this doctor or his staff to anyone.damage to my spine. I would never recommend this physician or his nurse practitioner to anyone.

October 23rd, 2010