inactive

William J Phelan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 5th, 2013
A mean and hateful person when upset
Dr. Phelan told me my son , who was about 4 the time, was going to grow up to be a juvenile delinquent because he had a meltdown after a shot. My son is autistic and Dr. Phelan had him overmedicated on ADHD meds which contributed to the meltdown but Dr. Phelan never saw his part in any of it. Our experience was that he was cold and uncaring for the most part and if we had an opinion different than his he became downright mean and rude. I also totally agree with the other comments about his issues with females. Since switching to a group of wonderful doctors I've had no issues since .

May 21st, 2012
Fantastic Pediatrician
Dr. Phelan has been our family pediatrician for over two decades. He is caring, hilarious, current in medicine, good with people, friendly, compassionate, and skilled. I would HIGHLY recommend his small, personable practice to any parent seeking a consistent, highly competent pediatrician. Dr. Phelan, if you read this, I would like you to know how fun and interesting you've made something as simple (or frightening) as going to the doctor's. I can speak for my entire family when I say we will miss you, thank you for everything you have done for us.

April 29th, 2012
great doctor!
very good doctor..highly recomended

April 13th, 2012
Knowledgable, caring
Dr. Phelan was my pediatrician for 18 years, as well as the pediatrician for my 2 siblings. We all have nothing but wonderful things to say about him. He is very knowledgable in his field and even as a child he would speak to me, not just speak to my Mother. He listens to your concerns and addresses them. He may not cater to a parents every whim but that I believe is the sign of a great doctor, because he knows what he is talking about. I have nothing but respect for Dr. Phelan.

July 17th, 2011
bad bedside manner and very unprofessional.
Dr Phelan at times could be very unprofessional. It's border line criminal. If what your opinion belief or wants differ from his in any way. Look out! He will let you know about it. Dr Phelan is a great Dr for people who don't know any better or do not want to seek more information. Do not dare challenge him or disagree. My children no longer go to that office because of an issue with one of my children that the Dr would not hear anything due to the fact that his opinion was already made up in his head. It has nothing to do with people who want to or think they need to be catered to, it has everything to do with people who want what's best for their children and want the right to be heard by their Dr. not treated like they don't matter.

May 10th, 2011
been my childrens (2) doctor for 18 & 16 years
Professional and understanding. Listens to your concerns and gives you informed responses. The expiereince that my family has had with Dr Phalen, really makes me question the people who have given such negative opinions. I can only wonder as to their expectations. Probably the same people who feel they should be catered to or expect you to wait for them.

September 22nd, 2010
I LOVE Dr. Phelan, as do my children. He is very knowledgeable, after having been in the profession for so long. He diagnosed my son correctly after three other physicians could not. He has us return for follow up visits as necessary, and I have never waited in the waiting room longer than 5 minutes. And he has no appointment needed walk-in visits every morning for sick kids!

October 9th, 2009
Just plain bad
Phelan vaccinated my Daughter after my wife told him that we (wife and husband) need to talk about it. He knows it all and will not listen to anyone, above us all small people. Walk away from this place.