Dr. William Platz MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

November 15th, 2016
I am young female who is sad to say I have been in theapy and psychiatry since I was 11. I have struggled with mental health for many years but I try everyday and will continue to strive, look for hope, believe, use healthy spiritual tools, and determination for a better life. I want one day ro be able to be stable enogh to one day marry my fiance of 5 years and start a family. I was in and out of hospitals at a younger age but had control for a while and it studies psychiatrist then he retired and dr. Platts told me that he had a huge problem with this doctor. To me it was explained, He disliked most everything about him from his diagnosed to the very man he was. Doctor platz stated he was sick and trierd of getting lots of his patients and how to fix his mistakes....? Mostlt he talkrd about over that my old doctor over medicated and was not a good doctor. This made me feel, I felt like I had done something wrong. I questioned my self i blamed my self i got more angry at my parents because i trusted them and my old phycatrist. In this County it is so hard to find real help without either being treated like a drug seeker, or not getting enough time to properly explain and you become over medicated. I had to continue seeing doc. Platz. for a while still because of the limited resources around me. I cannot just stop taking an anti-psychotic or depression Med anything in that matter I've true went that route and I've had ended up in some very near death situations. I continued seeing my therapist and I told him about the problems he said that was not right of him but unless I can get to Woodbury or Claire was going to hard for me to find another psychiatrist considering I find it hard to drive or leave my home I felt stuck. Still continued my therapy apominents (outside of the health center) to learn tools to deal with my "manic depression", " depression anxiety attacks, " bipolar" racing thoughts, major fears ect. I can't leave my home I have trouble driving I'm scared of strange man everywhere i go I have to park under cameras close to entrances, can't wear hoods or hats, multiple things struggles in my life I kept a journal because I know it better helps my doctor and myself. Mind you at this time I was 21 and I seen him for a few years I continued and continued and always have strived for a better life and to keep my mental health under control. Then last year in 2015 my father got diagnosed with lung cancer liver and tumors in his brain. I moved in with my father and stayed driving him to westfeilds cancer center 4 days a week for radation, and within 3 months had passed away. I became his was his caregiver at 23 I bathed him, gave very serious medications. Soon hospice came in but it was still just my father and I. My fiance helped when he could in every ways. My responsibilities became overwhelming on my mind and heart. He became like a child I took care of him I was only 23 years mind you....I called doc.platz nurse Jodi no longer has his nurse she tried to work with me was nicer a little bit more sensitive but there's not much she could do she was not the doctor. I had to buy his grave stone and pay money to the church services. Itv was a hard day I called and needed to talk to him I geeky as if I was going crazy. We set up an appointment I went in he continued the same amount of medication told me to reach out for outside sources to get more help but I already had been doing and sent me on my way. I don't have family I have older brother who struggles with addiction. My mother is unable to care for herself. Dr.platz was aware of this all he would continue to make appointments for every 3 months. 3 months!!!!! and he did not say or give me still more than the average 10 to 15-minute appointments. I would have my panic attacks and hyperventilate in his office you wouldn't necessarily rushed me but you did not make me feel like it was okay. I went in to see him little maybe a couple weeks after my dad passed and I told him and told me he's very sorry to hear that he was sincere and that part but then got right back to so how are the meds working for you. I don't know what words to use I thought I always tried to trust the doctor even when we had a difference of opinion,but I mean he'd went to school for so he one would think he would care considering he got into this line of work. The last apominent we had was the one after my dad passed of the office as if just refill things and continue with therapy and everything would get better. I left office feeling so alone and can't even explain. This man is extremely insensitive I have no idea why he is a doctor and expecially at the county and that is one of the only resources for me somebody who does not have Financial. I have expressed to the Health Center that I wish that they would have another psychiatrist. Now a year later I my therapist is retiring so I was looking and called the county and found out that they're dtp program in order for me to enroll in it dr. Platz we have to be my psychiatrist again so I cannot choose to do it considering I feel he triggers my want to fix my mental health. ( I'm sorry for my horrible spelling Grammer) I struggle but I now see a great therapist New Richmond just still struggling to find a phycatrist.

January 15th, 2010
NOT a good doctor
This man was very uncaring and let me get toxic on medication and it almost killed me. I had been in several times and even requested bloodwork I knew I needed but he laughed at me. I went in with horrible anxiety and had lost 32 lbs in less than two weeks, very toxic on Lithium. I was hospitalized twice due to this. I would NOT recommend him to ANYONE!