Dr. William Portuese MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 8th, 2016
Couldn't have a better experience than with Dr. Portuese! Chin implant 8/2016
From the friendly staff and the doctor himself, to the care and attention during my surgery, to all the follow-up love and attention: I simply couldn't have asked for anything more or better. I found Dr. Portuese to have the best online album of photos. Other providers in the state (and I even checked nearby states) had some I liked and some I didn't, some that shouldn't have been changed in my opinion, some that changed too much, that sort of thing. In Dr. Portuese's gallery, every single one of the chin implants was an upgrade to me, and each looked natural. I booked my appointment, found him personable and friendly, and liked his suggestions for my augmentation. And get this - I asked his artistic opinion on if I should have cheek implants too - and he said that while my face would definitely be served by a chin implant as mine was quite receded, he didn't think I needed cheek implants. He actually turned down making money off me in order to be honest about what he thought my face needed. This is of CRUCIAL IMPORTANCE in a practitioner performing elective surgeries! The surgery itself was unremarkable, which is exactly what you want surgery to be. :) The only painful part was the lidocaine injections. I found the odd scraping sound (when he was separating the periosteum from the bone) so utterly alien that I giggled through most of it. At my first look in the mirror afterwards, I actually gasped - my face looked balanced for the first time, and I immediately loved it, even swollen. Healing was also happily unremarkable - it was tough to eat for a few days, but I didn't need pain meds past the first day, and everything went as my packet of information had detailed it would go. I just had my final follow-up visit today for the "after" shots, and I'm so utterly overjoyed with my chin that I had to write him a review. My face is balanced in the exact same way represented in all of Dr. Portuese's online photos, in the way I found so aesthetically pleasing when I started researching half a year ago. It looks completely natural and fits me perfectly. I've become one of his upgrades. :) To Dr. Portuese and his entire staff - I said it about a hundred times in the office, but I'll say it again for the entire internet to hear: I LOVE MY NEW CHIN & YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING. Thank you so, so much! <3

January 8th, 2016
Couldn't be Happier!
Dr. Portuese really is an artist, in addition to being one of the best plastic surgeons in the pacific northwest - one of the reasons I chose him to perform my rhinoplasty. I couldn't be happier with my new nose! My dorsal hump is removed, and my new nose really does seem to enhance my other facial features. My experience with Dr. P and his staff far exceeded my expectations and I now have the nose I've always wanted!

January 5th, 2016
A new me for 2016!
I recently had a rhinoplasty/Neck lift and I really could not be happier with both the results and the experience! I visited multiple doctors before meeting with Dr. Portuese, and neither compared to him in the slightest. He is very thorough and will expound on anything and everything, whilst also alleviating any concerns I had about the surgery and recovery. He was correct in his predictions about the recovery process. I would also like to mention that he has the greatest staff a patient could ask for! Janet is extremely friendly, helpful, and compassionate and she helped make the process smoother for me:) The nurses and anesthiesiologist were also extremely qualified, proffessional, and friendly. I really could not have asked for a better surgeon and team! My nose looks so natural and lovely that all my friends are now considering having the procedure done with Dr. P:) If anyone is considering this, go for a consultation here and you will see what I am talking about:)

December 29th, 2015
HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Took my son in for Septoplasty and Dr. Portuese and his staff lived up to excellent reputation he has garnered. The work was amazing and the recovery no problem at all. Would take my son back again for any treatment or procedure. My cousin also took her daughter in for more extensive work, and again the overall experience was world class.

December 11th, 2015
I am so happy!
I am absolutely thrilled with the surgical procedure Dr. Portuese performed on my nose. My nose has been broken twice and I have always been self conscious about it. My dermatologist had recommended Dr. Portuese. I found his website very helpful showing before and after pictures of the patients he performed procedures on. I have felt very welcomed by the entire staff. Everyone has been so helpful and kind. Dr. Portuese was very easy to talk to and discuss recommendations. I met with Janet to discuss fees and scheduling. She was a delight to meet with. She answered all my concerns and questions regarding pre/post op instruction, as well as my fears about the healing process. The day of my surgery I was extremely nervous, Janet, the anesthesiologist and the surgical staff put me at ease. The first check after surgery, I saw Dr. Portuese and he was genuinely delighted with my result. I am now about four months post op and I have been very pleased with my new nose. Not only is my nose straight, but I can breathe better too! I would recommend Dr. Portuese to anyone!

December 8th, 2015
I had a revision and I know fixing someone's dirty work could be hard. He insured me that he could after spend 7,000 the out come was horrible. He agreed also so we did another procedure. My nose is still crooked. I went for a follow up but he said it was suppose to look like that as all things are uneven. I just wish I did my research.

October 14th, 2015
bad rhinoplasty
I had rhinoplasty done at the clinic 4 years ago. Nose is still over-projected, even though we discussed how much I want to be taken off the tip of the nose right before surgery and he said yes he could do it. The bridge of my nose is too scooped out on one side, with a bump remaining on the other side. The nose wides toward the sip and looks bulbous. I won't come back for revision, esp. after reading reviews here. I am going to look for a better doctor. Dr. Portuese looked full of himself, didn't spend much time with me during consultation, the lady that does computer modeling didn't seem to know what she was doing, and I would prefer to discuss the shape of my future nose with the doctor who is going to perform surgery on me, not the assistant. I read a lot good reviews on them, so I went with it, I wish I did it with a different doctor. The good thing though, my nose functions just as well.

June 10th, 2015
The Best in the Business!
Very professional, great bedside manner he puts function first - I love my nose!

April 24th, 2015
Very Happy
Dr. Portuese is an excellent doctor. I'm a 57 year old white female who has lost over 80 pounds over the last 2 years, therefore I had a lot of loose skin on my face and neck. Nine weeks ago Dr. Portuese performed a lower face/neck life, brow life, chin implant and dermabrasion around my lips. I couldn't be more happier with the results, everyday just keeps getting better. My sister went to Dr. Portuese 6 years ago for a facelift and to this day she still looks beautiful and much younger then her 61 years of age. I highly recommend Dr. Portuese, he truly is an amazing Doctor and his entire staff is first rate and very caring.

April 22nd, 2015
Thank you Dr.William A.Portuese
I had upper and lower eye lid surgery with Dr.William A.Portuese two months ago and I am happy with the results and I highly recommend him.He is highly knowledgeable in his field of surgery.

April 21st, 2015
Rhinoplasty and chin implant
My daughter had a rhinoplasty and chin implant done by Dr Portuese last summer. She looks so beautiful! We are so pleased with the results! My daughter's confidence has increased, she is so happy! He refined her nose beautifully! We were going to put her outstanding before and after photo's on his website, but decided to stay more private. He and his staff are wonderful to work with! High regards!

April 18th, 2015
I highly recommend Dr. Portuese for any type of plastic or reconstructive surgery. Both my eye lid and neck lift surgeries very positive experiences. He and his staff are very professional and explain every aspect of the procedure and exactly what the results will look like. I had no surprises and am very pleased with the results.