Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat), Plastic Surgery Specialist, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
The Best in the Business! show details The Best in the Business!
by TMG From Alaska on Jun 10th, 2015

Very professional, great bedside manner he puts function first - I love my nose!

Very Happy show details Very Happy
Apr 24th, 2015

Dr. Portuese is an excellent doctor. I'm a 57 year old white female who has lost over 80 pounds over the last 2 years, therefore I had a lot of loose skin on my face and neck. Nine weeks ago Dr. Portuese performed a lower face/neck life, brow life, chin implant and dermabrasion around my lips. I couldn't be more happier with the results, everyday just keeps getting better. My sister went to Dr. Portuese 6 years ago for a facelift and to this day she still looks beautiful and much younger then her 61 years of age. I highly recommend Dr. Portuese, he truly is an amazing Doctor and his entire staff is first rate and very caring.

Thank you Dr.William A.Portuese show details Thank you Dr.William A.Portuese
by African American,male on Apr 22nd, 2015

I had upper and lower eye lid surgery with Dr.William A.Portuese two months ago and I am happy with the results and I highly recommend him.He is highly knowledgeable in his field of surgery.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant show details Rhinoplasty and chin implant
by Kim on Apr 21st, 2015

My daughter had a rhinoplasty and chin implant done by Dr Portuese last summer. She looks so beautiful! We are so pleased with the results! My daughter's confidence has increased, she is so happy! He refined her nose beautifully! We were going to put her outstanding before and after photo's on his website, but decided to stay more private. He and his staff are wonderful to work with! High regards!

Apr 18th, 2015

I highly recommend Dr. Portuese for any type of plastic or reconstructive surgery. Both my eye lid and neck lift surgeries very positive experiences. He and his staff are very professional and explain every aspect of the procedure and exactly what the results will look like. I had no surprises and am very pleased with the results.

Skill and Experience show details Skill and Experience
by jcb on Apr 17th, 2015

Asian Indian/Male/43. Broken my nose multiple times by playing sports dating back to high school/college. Had three prior rhinoplasties (91, 06, 12) that were never done correctly. My nose was not centered on my face, my nostrils had collapsed, I had major breathing issues, and (the issue that most affected me) my nasal tip had lost all support and almost appeared to touch my upper lip when I smiled. I was highly skeptical of going under the knife again… and, honestly, I was resigned to the fact that it was impossible for me to have a normal nose or one that resembled how I used to look before all the sports breaks and surgeries. My wife deserves a lot of credit here. She convinced me to give it another shot. We've been together for nearly 15 years and over that time, she's seen how I have become someone who avoids having their picture taken. We have two small children and it was shocking to me how I was noticeably absent from the majority of our family pictures. I would just shrug it off by saying, "I'm just the one always behind the camera"… but it was more than that. I knew that I had lost confidence and that I didn't like the way that I looked. We did a lot of research before coming to Dr. Portuese. With each of my prior rhinoplasties, online reviews (or reviews of any kind) were none existent. Based on the research, we felt very empowered and decided to have consultations from the very best doctors, regardless of whether we had to travel out of state. Due to my history, I knew that it was absolutely necessary to locate a doctor that specialized in revision rhinoplasty (with a large number of documented cases). I also wanted a doctor who was also an ENT. After consulting with my short list of doctors, I decided to put my trust in Dr. Portuese. During our initial consultation, he listened to everything that I had to say. I'm sure like many of you, I was forced to become a pseudo nose expert and I had a long list of things that I wanted to make sure that he understood about my case. I appreciated the fact that he never once interrupted or cut me off when I was speaking. He listened to all of my concerns and then did a very thorough examination of my nose . He confirmed that it was an extremely complex case and then proceeded to clearly lay out his plan to fix my nose… once and for all. I had my fourth and last revision rhinoplasty performed in June 2014. The operation lasted longer than what Dr. Portuese had initially anticipated based on all of the things that he needed to address. He even said that when he was working on my tip, a piece of silicone or plastic (obviously from one of my past rhinoplasties) just shot out of my nose and onto the floor! Fast forward to today. I just completed my final office visit. My nose is centered on my face. My nostrils are much more symmetrical. And my tip does not droop at all (for the first time in over 20 years). I had very realistic goals and knew that I could never have a perfect celebrity nose. But what I can confidently say is that my nose is very similar to how it was prior to all of the sports-related breaks and botched rhinoplasties. That I feel like I look like myself again. That I don't mind being in pictures. Which is so much more than what I was realistically hoping for. Our year-long experience with his facility has been excellent. From his office staff (Janet, Jamie and Ashton) to his surgical support staff, his entire practice is geared to make you feel like you are family. Each visit, we felt like we were his only patients. I would like to sincerely thank Dr. Portuese for giving me renewed confidence. I hope that he understands my appreciation for him.

Should have come have first! show details Should have come have first!
Apr 17th, 2015

Dr Portuese is a true artist. My nose was broken in my early 20's and I was left with a somewhat twisted nose. I went to Dr Becker in NJ, who happily took pretty much my lifesavings, I was 23 at the time. Two procedures later by Dr Becker and my nose was pretty much unchanged. I was not happy. Years later, this year, I decided to try again with Dr Portuese to get things back to the way they were. WOW. Should have come to him first. The years I wasted. Please do yourself a favor and GO to Dr Portuese.

Feb 26th, 2015

Worst experience of my life. I had a rhinoplasty done in 2012 - we both weren't happy with the outcome so he re-did my nose in 2014. Since then, I have lost the ability to breath through my nose. I am a complete mouth breather now. I've lost about 90% of my sense of smell - I'm sure this has to do with the fact that I can not breath. I look like I've had a botched nose job. One nostril is double the size of the other one. My nose is crooked and uneven. I have a massive bump on the side of the bridge and indents on the tip, which is about the size of a marble. I honestly have no idea how a surgeon could do such a horrible job on something they specialize it. Not once, but twice.

Dr. Portuese is an excellent surgeon. show details Dr. Portuese is an excellent surgeon.
by Maddy F. on Feb 23rd, 2015

Finding a cosmetic surgeon with experience is vital for anyone undergoing a plastic surgery procedure. In my case I learned that the hard way. My particular rhinoplasty was complicated due to undergoing surgery with a previous surgeon with no specialty and that resulted in a very poorly reconstructed nose with extensive scaring. After consulting with other surgeons and finding disappointment, I was thrilled when i found Dr. Portuese. After consulting with him I found him warm, and concerned for my welfare. My initial impression was further enhanced by his extensive experience with revision rhinoplasty. Dr. P was able to fix my original rhinoplasty to a result that was completely beyond my expectations! He will advise you openly about what can be expected in the final results however he is also very open to listening to the patient and trying to meet their expectations. His office is outstanding and the staff was absolutely amazing with the amount of time they spent with me. When you are in his office you feel like the most important patient in the world. Dr. P never acts rushed ( and I talk a lot). He sits and listens to concerns and opinions, and answers all questions without ever making the patent feel like he has someplace else to be. Speaking about aspects of yourself that you might not be happy with can be a very vulnerable and difficult experience but Dr. P and his office make it easy. I have so much more confidence than I had before and that has completely changed my life. I would recommend him without question, and don’t regret my decision to go with him. I feel completely confident that if I had chosen another doctor I would not have the results that I do.

Great experience show details Great experience
Nov 3rd, 2014

I recently underwent a lower face and neck lift. The results are excellent. I told him on the first appointment less is best and he doesn't overdo. Most people don;t know that I've had anything done but just say " gee you look good" or did you lose weight. He is straightforward with his explanation and is not really warm and fuzzy which is fine. He is an excellent surgeon with up-to-date techniques which is exactly what I was looking for.

Apr 21st, 2014

I am about 6 weeks post nose surgery for a deviated septum and nasal fracture and am so far please with the results. I broke my nose a few years back and it was crooked and stuffed, and even before that I have never breathed very well through it. Always been a mouth breather. I finally decided to see a specialist about it. I was very skeptical of having surgery because its never fun but the staff made me feel confident in that decision and after trying some other things I was sure it was the best option too. Surgery went well, bruising and pressure was intense, and my nose is still a little numb/tingly but I can breath better way better and my nose is straighter. I'm also very pleased with my profile which wasn't even something that really bothered me before my surgery.

A Thankful and Happy Patient! show details A Thankful and Happy Patient!
Feb 7th, 2014

When I came to see Dr. Portuese after an unfortunate accident (a collision with my golden retriever), my nose was on the left side of my face. I suffered a nasal fracture and deviated septum. However, even before the accident I disliked my nose and the resulting profile it created. I had (past tense) a large bump on the bridge of my nose that has been a constant source of insecurity for me. Thanks to Dr. Portuese, his staff, and my canine friend, I am in love with my new nose. After the accident, a dear friend of mine told me about the best Facial Plastic Surgeon in Seattle. From the moment I stepped into the office, I felt comfortable and cared for. His staff is accommodating, friendly, and helpful. Some of his staff has worked for him for 20 years and still smiling. (Having a long-term staff and keeping them happy speaks volumes about his character) Dr. Portuese took his time to explain to me what was needed. He is kind, professional, patient, and knowledgeable. He spoke of the procedure with confidence and he assured me that I could do it. He also talked to me about the outcome, risks and benefits. He spoke of a little rhinoplasty. Now this was music to my ears…. Goodbye little bump? During the pre op appointment, the nurse spent nearly an hour with me answering my questions and talking about what to expect before and after as far as anesthesia and pain control. She explained to me that the surgery is done in a surgical center next to the office and attached to the hospital. Both familiar and comforting. On surgery day, everyone was so sweet to me and I am sure could tell how nervous I was. The office manager told me to dream of beaches while I took my little nap. Dr. Portuese came in and spoke with my husband and I. The surgical nurse held my hand while the anesthesiologist talked me to sleep. Believe me when I tell you that the anti-nausea medication worked. I was never sick. The pain medication (I stayed on top of it) worked. I was NEVER in pain. The drippy nose was annoying, but to be expected. Initial bruising coincided with the NFC championship game so I just wore the 12th man stickers proudly over the bruises. I am about 3 weeks post surgery. No bruising left. I feel great! I can breathe better than ever. But most importantly…... MY NOSE IS BEAUTIFUL! Is that even possible? Never thought I would say that about my nose! Dr. Portuese repaired the fracture and septum. He added cartilage to one side and the bump? GONE. He took that horrible lump off of the bridge of my nose…. I can and do love my profile now. I have never loved my profile. In fact, I have always avoided letting people see me from the side as much as possible. He truly is amazing and my experience was much better than I would have hoped for. I am so thankful for the result, for Dr. Portuese, and his staff. (And of course, I still love my dog. He did me a favor! Thanks Jack!!)

Very happy with the outcome! show details Very happy with the outcome!
by Debora L on Sep 8th, 2013

Dr Portuese was very profecional, he took the time to listen and explain to me the process of my rhinoplasty and what he was going to do, I left his ofice confident that he could do a good job. My surgery went well the healing prosses was quick and almost painless and most important I love the outcome! I feel like a new person I'm no longer selfconsious about my nose, i now have a natural and beautiful looking nose I would highly recomend doctor portuise!

Perfect outcomes show details Perfect outcomes
by Looking younger and very happy about it on May 10th, 2013

I have had two separate procedures done by Dr. Portuese. Both experiences were everything I could ask for. The staff was very knowledgeable and accommodating. Dr. Portuese was honest and very skilled. My neck and lower face lift turned out perfect. The follow up care was attentive and I was always informed. I have recommended Dr. P to other friends who have had the same experiences. It is so important that once be able to trust their physician and their staff. Dr. Portuese and his staff filled that need for me.

Going elsewhere show details Going elsewhere
Mar 27th, 2013

I was in the office for two hours for a rhinoplasty consultation. One and half of it was sitting in the waiting area. The office staff had difficulty creating an after picture and admitted it was not a good representation. I was not willing to wait any longer for her to continue trying. The doctor referred to his office staff as 'the girls.' I've decided to go elsewhere.

Jun 30th, 2012

I have thought about having eyelid surgery since I was a teenager because of my heavy uncomfortable eyelids. Another doctor mentioned he had the same surgery with Dr. Portuese and highly recommended his work. I am thrilled with the results - natural but refreshed. I have been back to his office for Botox and microderm and am always impressed by everyone in the office. Highly recommended - I will be back!

Lower face lift and upper eyelid surgery show details Lower face lift and upper eyelid surgery
Jun 12th, 2012

Dr Portuese was recommended to me by another physician for his skill in this area. In our first meeting, he carefully explained what he did and realistically told me what to expect (I would not come out looking like a teenage model). I sincerely appreciated that and indeed, the outcome way surpassed my expectations. I am absolutely overjoyed. I must also add that his staff is very special. It's rare to see a staff appear to be so fond of their doctor as his is. And they are genuinely fond of each other. They all treated me very special on every visit. I never had to wait at all- not even 5 minutes- and they all treated me like an individual and very important case. I highly recommend this doctor and his staff.

Not such a caring doctor after the surgery (and he has your money) show details Not such a caring doctor after the surgery (and he has your money)
Mar 31st, 2012

A couple of years ago I visited multiple doctors about getting the nose surgery I had be waiting and saving for my whole adult life. I chose Dr. P, I'm still kicking myself for that decision, after meeting with him several times to ensure that he understood my desired look and making sure that it was attainable and I wouldn't be let down or waste the money just to be back at the same spot as when I was 18. He told me that he understood what I wanted, blah blah blah. Morning of the surgery when I saw him I made sure that he had the picture to take in to surgery and he was kind of short with me but of course I was about to have a needle put in my arm and it was the first surgery of the morning and i was tired and scared. Oh, he had said in my office meetings that he would work on my nose until I was happy and that I wouldn't be charged. so fast forward......my nose is healing and it's not looking too different. 6 months still not much difference except for it's now crooked and caved in at the bridge of the nose on one side. also at the bridge of the nose it is really bumpy to the touch and if you look at it. I have thin skin so you can see the unfiled or choppy job he did. he also cut the tendon or whatever that connects the nose to the lip because when i smiled my nose pulled down but we had never discussed that and it seems that after the surgery the nostril area is actual not symmetrical anymore. with cave in at the top and a slight pull to the side and the nostrils are off.......in profile pictures I look like I have two different noses. one isn't so bad but the other looks like i am in need of reconstructive surgery because of the dent. he told me that well, you have to look to see the crookedness so it's not really a major problem. Well, in pictures it is sooo noticeable and of course when i look at myself everyday of course I can see it (and feel it). he went on to tell me that there is only so much that can be done, of course that is why i let him know my expectations and to make sure what I wanted was doable with what I have conservatively speaking. He told me that I would have to pay again for the anesthesia and I said that he told me that I wouldn't have to pay if there were any revisions. wellllll, they didn't agree to do it for free was his response. he said that he could redo it with a local. could you imagine having your nose worked on while you were awake??? ugh. anyway, i had babies and BF which has taken many years so i never went back but still have the crazy thought to go back and ask for my money. When i look at before and after the before was much better. the nose was just a little broader on the sides. now it;s caved, crooked/bumpy and lopsided. just a reminder of 5K flushed down the toilet and another reason to be weary of little men in little white jackets who smile nicely and "look" like they are there to do their job and help you. The doctor seems to make the patient feel like WE are the one's asking for TOO much. if he would have said that my nose could only be a smudge narrower and no length could be taken off, do you think i would have agreed to hand my money over to him? NO WAY. shame on you doctor. not miracles but honesty and commitment to your patient.

Mark as Helpful  | 15 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Walk away.Look for doctor with ethics and skill. show details Walk away.Look for doctor with ethics and skill.
Nov 30th, 2011

Dr. Portuese has two faces.One seemingly caring,attentive and trustworthy in consultations.The other face is the one of reality...disingenuous,and utmost unethical in refusing to admit to error or intentionally not performing surgically all the areas of rhinoplasty discussed(ie not referencing my printed directions of guidance and desired final profile photo agreed upon between us in the preop appointment-to which he insists both accompanied him into surgery).In fact,I had to reiterate twice the correct profile photo for him to reference just moments before walking into surgery,and, apparently from the rhinoplasty outcome,this dr still incorrectly referenced the very first consult photo that merely addressed the top of bridge.I voiced suspicions post-op that he did not perform surgically all of what I paid him to do,but his assurances were that my nose was indeed deprojected per final photo,nosetip elevated,bridge scooped so profile no longer straight-down,bridge bone straightened,cartilage removed from septum to bring symmetry to frontal nasal bumps,and air passage would perform better after what he had done.None of these aforementioned requested and expected desires are visually apparent one year after surgery,my breathing is far worse where I feel stuffy,and his story has changed regarding cartilage removal from septum.The only visual difference in my appearance is a shallow scraping to a small portion of the top of bridge leaving a noticeable and highly undesirable demarcation.This doctor performed the bare minimum in surgery, blaming all of the lack of expected outcomes on this being an unpredictable revision surgery whereas the more likely truthful explanation for not one desire being met is that he mistakenly or intentionally followed the wrong profile photo and dismissed my peronal printed instructions for guidance altogether.Hindsight encourages me to warn others who view this doctor's impressive credentials,read unbelievable positive reviews, and are taken in by doctor and staff at consults to walk away and look for a doctor with ethics and skill so you have no regrets.

Mark as Helpful  | 13 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Beyond my expectations show details Beyond my expectations
Jun 15th, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Portuese for eyelid surgery. I found the Doctor and his entire staff to be welcoming, friendly, knowlegable and professional. Each person I dealt with made me feel confident that I had chosen the right Doctor and the outcome of my surgery was beyond my expectations. I would recommend Dr. Portuese, and his staff, to anyone.

Jun 10th, 2011

Dr Portuese did a phenomenal job on my nose. I am so happy with the outcome. He transformed my nose to conform naturally to my face and now its perfectly straight. I cannot express the professionalism, care and respect I was given from him and his staff right from my initial consultation to post-surgery care. I highly recommend Dr Portuese for rhinoplasty surgery!

Left with a bad taste in my mouth show details Left with a bad taste in my mouth
Jun 7th, 2011

This man was beyond rude, condescending, and just not helpful in any way, nor did he show a shred of compassion or empathy. I found him rather cruel.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse