Dr. William Povolny MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

June 14th, 2016
Dr. Povolny is a thorough and caring Doctor. His bedside manner may need help however his diagnoses is accurate. I totally trust him with my health care.

October 30th, 2015
arrogant doctor, does not listen to patient, poor bedside manners

September 8th, 2015
Very poor doctor. Apparently he doesn't really care about his patients' pain or listens to their past history. If you are in pain, forget about going to see him. He will refer you to someone else. No follow up and terrible bedside manner.

August 26th, 2015
Run
Worst Doctor I have ever met in my life- never experienced a dr so rude, no words to describe how terrible my experience was. His assistant Kirsten is just as bad - find another dr DO not put yourself through what I had to deal with.

November 13th, 2013
Visit review
Went for a normal visit to handle a common cold. He was short with me. Condescending. It's like he thought I was a young guy trying to score prescription drugs. Nah, was jus tired oh hacking and coughing. Basically spent less than 5 minutes with me. And then jus walked out with no thanks. Get sick doc...go home. Take care of yourself. And get an attitude change while you're chillin . Patients, ditch this jerk and find someone with some humility.

October 2nd, 2013
what a jerk
I went to Dr Povolny to establish as my primary care provider. He is a rude and horrible man. I came out of there feeling worse about myself. Do not waste your time and money on this awful man.

August 28th, 2013
visit
Found him to be a excellent doctor. Took time to talk with me, explained all blood test and other reports from hopital that I had questions about. Excellent manners, I felt very at ease talking with him, only about 5 min wait in room. Made follow update for seeing me after I see GI.

July 12th, 2013
I do not recommend this Dr
In a search to find a general physician I found him through Renown's website. The short of it is that he did not seemed concerned with my health issues and acted I was a number. I would not recommend him nor will I go back

July 3rd, 2013
Worst primary doctorI have ever dealth with
I was in need of a primary doctor and I got this awful man as a doctor. He is rude, unprofessional and arrogant. It was my first visit and it will be my last one. Dr. Povolny has no bedside manners whatsoever a complete jerk and he is a disgrace to the medical profession.

July 3rd, 2013
Agree w/ the Rest of the Comments Regarding This Doctor
The doctor does come across as talking down to experience and portraying the attitude of "I'm experienced and you are not" and the way the doctor presents himself is enough to anger any patient that is not prepared for his patient. Regardless I was seeking a second opinion initial lab work I had done through a St. Mary's Health Plans clinic and this doctor ordered the right amount of tests including one I requested to put me at ease. To be honest, I really don't trust today's doctors and medical staff that are out there and seems like you get your share of bad staff wherever you go. First at the St. Mary's Clinic with the clinic staff losing my history/file after the first visit as they were changing over systems and now I'm presented with this doctor which does throw up some red flags as to how far I was to progress. The only thing I'm not doing is going through their Renown labs because my insurance benefits are more effective using Labcorp and at least Labcorp will send me my results online and I can get a better ideal if there are any real issues to worry about. Depending on the lab results I may actually rule out a follow up visit and save myself another visit or just find myself another PCP in my network. Has to be a doctor out there with a better attitude that is not in a rush to get you in and out the door or look at you negatively because you are overweight. Honestly over the years, I have really lost faith in the U.S. medical field and just starting to go down an herbal path more and more.

April 26th, 2013
worst dr visit ever not at all helpful
After 4 years of not being able to go to a dr I finally get to see a physician and i get this jerk. I came in telling him that its been years since ive seen anyone and he never ordered any labs or tests. I also told him about a numb spot on my back that is extremly painful that ive had for about a year and his only answer was "its just something you will probably have to deal with from now on, that im young and could deal with it" his exact words verbatim.I will be filing a complaint to renown also.

January 30th, 2013
Most unprofessional, rude, careless doctor I have ever dealt with.
Thank God this guy is not my primary care physician. I was shocked at the complete lack of information, treatment or advice provided- No bedside manner whatsoever-honestly a complete jerk.