A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Powers:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Powers is Good.
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Powers, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Neurology, and Vascular Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Alzheimer Disease
- Brain Aneurysm
- Brain Disorder
- Brain Edema
- Brain Injuries
- Brain Ischemia
- Carotid Stenosis
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Intracranial Arteriosclerosis
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
Education & Awards
Dr. Powers graduated from Cornell University, New York. He has 10 awards.
Dr. Powers has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University of North Carolina Hospitals at Chapel Hill
- Barnes Jewish Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William John Powers MD is a male Internist, has 36 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Neurology, and Vascular Neurology.
- Where does Dr. William J. Powers practice?
- Dr. William Powers has 2 office locations.
Dr. William Powers practices Internal Medicine, Neurology, and Vascular Neurology near Chapel Hill, NC.
Additional practice locations include: Saint Louis, MO.
See Chapel Hill Internists and Chapel Hill Neurologists.