A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Powers:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Powers is Good.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Powers
Insomnia Patient Education Patient education guide to insomnia and how to battle the common causes of sleeplessness.Before Visiting Dr. Powers Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Powers, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Neurology, and Vascular Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Alzheimer Disease
- Brain Aneurysm
- Brain Disorder
- Brain Edema
- Brain Injuries
- Brain Ischemia
- Carotid Stenosis
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Intracranial Arteriosclerosis
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
Education & Awards
Dr. Powers graduated from Cornell University, New York. He has 10 awards.
Dr. Powers has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University of North Carolina Hospitals at Chapel Hill
- Barnes Jewish Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William John Powers MD is a male Internist, has 36 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Neurology, and Vascular Neurology.
- Where does Dr. William J. Powers practice?
- Dr. William Powers has 2 office locations.
Dr. William Powers practices Internal Medicine, Neurology, and Vascular Neurology near Chapel Hill, NC.
Additional practice locations include: Saint Louis, MO.
See Chapel Hill Internists and Chapel Hill Neurologists.