Dr. William Pruchnic Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. William Pruchnic?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. William Pruchnic?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 11th, 2016

Arise not compassionate and caring. Made me feel like a horrible person and didn't explain anything. Not recommended.

March 27th, 2015

Excellent , caring doctor. Office staff is very kind and helpful.

March 17th, 2015

always ready to listen remembers previous complaints refers as necessary

July 30th, 2014

Every time I called his office and I requested to talk to him, the secretary returned the calls after 3 days. So to get any answer it was between 7 - 9 days. He is too busy to take care of his patients. The secretary is very nice but the nurse is extremely rude, racist and ignorant. I must to stop seeing him because he wanted to put me back in metformin after I was very sick.

September 30th, 2009

Non-existent diagnosis

Dr. Pruchnic helped me get an insulin pump which in turn helped me achieve control of my diabetes.He seems to understand the basics of insulin dosing (carb ratios, sensitivity factors, etc.) though I don't think that's anything special. I would expect any endo to have a strong understanding of this.Recently, however, I requested he run some tests (an antibody level and a c-peptide level) in order to accurately diagnose the type of diabetes I had as I didn't really fit the stereotypes of either form.The results point toward type 1 but he is calling me "autoimmune type 2." That doesn't make any sense at all. That's like saying I'm type 1 type 2. They are two different things.I got the results by phone through his office staff (speaking to both a receptionist and a nurse on at least two different occasions). They were not able to explain to me his diagnosis and didn't seem to understand what I was saying about him telling me I was two types. The nurse finally told me she would have Dr. Pruchnic call me himself to talk to me about it. That was over two weeks ago and I still haven't heard from him and don't expect to.I've made an appt. with a new endo. In my opinion, not understanding the differences in the two main types of diabetes is a major cause for concern and it just shows absolutely unjustifiable ignorance.

June 5th, 2017