Dr. William Purkert Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. William Purkert?

Colonoscopy

Colonoscopy

Have you seen Dr. William Purkert?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 9th, 2015

The right choice

I echo all the sentiments in each and every one of Dr. Purket's reviews. I am scheduled to have a thyroidectomy this week with him, and as nervous as I am, I know I am in good hands. Just had to share this little story with anyone considering using Dr. Purkert... When I had my presurgical interview, the nurse asked me at the end if I had met Dr. Purkert. When I said yes, she said "well then you know what an amazing man he is then." She proceeded to tell me that Dr. Purkert is not only the most trusted and amazing surgeon she knows, but that he is the one all the nurses go to for surgery. The nurse raved about Dr. Purkert for about 5 minutes and it couldn't have made me feel any more at ease. While I am nervous for the procedure, I feel confident in my choice of doctor/surgeon.

November 29th, 2010

Great Doctor

I went to see Dr. Purkert for a partial thyroidectomy for a suspicious tumor. I can't explain how nervous I was about surgery. Dr. Purkert was so great! He explained everthing to me, drew pictures, answered my questions, calmed my fears (even the irrational ones) and never once did he act like he was in a hurry or that my questions were stupid. I really appreciated that he spent so much time with me (over 45 minutes), just talking. After the surgery, he checked up on me several times. And when my pathology report came in, called me after a long day in surgery to explain the results and what they meant. And then the spent more time on the phone with me answering my questions. His bedside manner is something other doctors should emulate - very caring, good listener, etc.And like the other reviewer wrote, his assistant, Arsie, is just fantastic, too. I had lots of questions about the procedure and also had an insurance change mid-stream. Arsie was just wonderful throughout it all.The other thing that made me feel really confident about Dr. Purkert is that the nurses in pre-op told me I had a really great doctor. (And they would know who the good docs are!) And I had another doctor mention that if he had to have thyroid surgery, that Dr. Purkert was the best surgeon to do the operation. Recommendations like that from others in the medical community tend to say quite a bit.Unfortunately, I do have to have the rest of my thyroid out. However, this time I know my surgeon and I feel so fortunate its Dr. Purkert. He really helped make a the whole process less scary and more easily understood.

November 4th, 2010

Not a bad thing to say

Dr. Perkert and staff were wonderful. Everybody was very helpful and devoted as much time to me as was needed. Dr. Perkert also had a wonderful bedside manner. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Perkert!!

April 23rd, 2010

If Only All Doctors Were Like Dr. Purkert...

Two years ago, when I was only 24 years old, I was diagnosed with an aggressive type of breast cancer (thankfully I'd found the lump due to regular self-exams). I was 7-months-married and was beyond devastated at the news. I don't know what I would have done if it hadn't been for this dear, wonderful doctor.He was SO extremely caring, very thorough and took as much time as I needed for him to explain all the implications of this to me. I've never met a doctor in my life (and believe me, I've seen MANY doctors) who cared so genuinely about his patients. I had a couple serious complications after my surgery (first a blood clot, which I was put on blood thinners for) and then a hematoma (due to being on blood thinners so soon after surgery). Dr. Purkert was there with me through the whole ordeal, working me in on their lunch hour just to be sure the stitches and everything were healing fine. He even met my husband and I a couple times after-hours when the office was closed, since some days he is in the hospital for surgeries all day. We never asked him to do this, he always volunteered. And I was never, ever rushed - he never seemed to be in a hurry like so many doctors, and always thoroughly answered any questions I had (and I always had a lot of questions).His assistant, Arsie, is just the same way. At times when they worked me into their schedule and I was in the waiting room (the only person b/c it was lunch time), she offered me a mug of hot tea and some cookies to go with it. She was always so wonderful and genuinely caring - I always received a hug from her on my way out.I feel like I owe my life to this doctor. Or at least my sanity while going through this intensely difficult experience.Upon talking to other patients of his in the waiting room, it sounds like he treats each and every one of his patients this way. What an unspeakably wonderful doctor. If only all doctors were like him.

July 12th, 2017