Dr. William Beck MD Patient Reviews

• Infectious Disease San Antonio, TX

3.9

July 11th, 2016
A very experienced doctor but probably the grumpiest and moody doctor I have known

August 8th, 2012
He is amazing!
Dr. Beck has a well-run office. The staff is courteous and prompt. I have never waited more than 15 minutes past my appt time to see him, yet he takes his time, does not make me feel rushed, and answers all of my questions in-depth. If I call or email with a question, he calls back within an hour. He is also honest with me. If the problem I describe seems to be viral in nature, he does not recommend I bring in my child. He tells me what to look for as warning signs, and tells me if I see the danger signs to call him and he will meet me at the E.R. Otherwise, he says, the virus must run its course. I highly respect that he doesn't try to make an extra buck and takes time out of his day to call, when he doesn't make any money off of that, either. It's so rare these days. He wasn't the first pediatrician I used, but he was the last!

May 5th, 2010
Best Pediatrician
We had a bad experience with my daughter's previous pediatrician. She was a nice person but not a good listener. We kept explaining that our child's symptoms were caused by the formula because it appeared that she was allergic to milk and its derivatives. My baby experienced vomiting, diarrhea, rashes, fevers all the time. Literally we spend a lot of money purchasing all types of formulas in powder, in liquid, basically whatever we could find to feed our child. We kept explaining to her doctor that the symptoms worsened after feedings so we concluded that it was perhaps an ingredient in the formulas that were causing a bad allergic reaction in my child. We had heard of prescribed formulas that helped in these cases and asked the doctor about it. She kept insisting it was the detergent, the season, clothing, basically everything else that normally caused allergic reactions in children, and refused every time to give us the prescription we felt would help my child. Eventually after much disappointment with her, we tried rice water and other type of liquid feedings and stopped the formula all together. My child's health improved. When she was old enough to digest gerber foods we changed her diet. A couple of years later, I heard of Dr. Beck and took her to McGregor. What a difference!! He has since been the best pediatrician I could've found. He referred my child to specialists that help her w/her special needs and my child's health has improved, something my child's previous doctors should've done. He gets it right every time I take her in and he always prescribes the right medicine. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Beck and I recommend him to any parent.