A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Cooper:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Cooper is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Cooper, MD is board certified in Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Critical Care
Education & Awards
Dr. Cooper graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Cooper has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Chesapeake Regional Medical Center
- Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Cooper accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Sentara Health Plans - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. William R. Cooper practice?
Dr. William Cooper practices Pulmonary Disease near Virginia Beach, VA.
See Virginia Beach Pulmonologists.