A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Freeman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Freeman is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Freeman, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 25 areas:
- AIDS-Related Opportunistic Infections
- Acute Retinal Necrosis Syndrome
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Choroid Diseases
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Eye Cancer (Choroid Neoplasm)
- Eye Cancer (Uveal Neoplasm)
- Eye Diseases
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
- Macular Degeneration
- Optic Nerve Diseases
- Pathologic Neovascularization
- Proliferative Vitreoretinopathy
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Disorders
- Retinal Vein Occlusion
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Freeman graduated from New York University - Mount Sinai. He has 10 awards.
Dr. Freeman has 7 hospital affiliations:
- UC San Diego Health System
- Promise Hospital San Diego
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William R Freeman MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 31 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology and Anesthesiology.
- Where does Dr. William R. Freeman practice?
- Dr. William Freeman has 3 office locations.
Dr. William Freeman practices Ophthalmology and Anesthesiology near La Jolla, CA.
Additional practice locations include: San Diego, CA.
See La Jolla Ophthalmologists and La Jolla Anesthesiologists.