A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Freeman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Freeman is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Freeman
Chronic Dry Eyes Patient Education Learn about symptoms and treatments of chronic dry eyes by reading Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Freeman Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Freeman, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 25 areas:
- AIDS-Related Opportunistic Infections
- Acute Retinal Necrosis Syndrome
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Choroid Diseases
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Eye Cancer (Choroid Neoplasm)
- Eye Cancer (Uveal Neoplasm)
- Eye Diseases
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
- Macular Degeneration
- Optic Nerve Diseases
- Pathologic Neovascularization
- Proliferative Vitreoretinopathy
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Disorders
- Retinal Vein Occlusion
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Freeman graduated from New York University - Mount Sinai. He has 10 awards.
Dr. Freeman has 7 hospital affiliations:
- UC San Diego Health System
- Promise Hospital San Diego
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William Freeman MD is a male Anesthesiologist, has 32 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology and Anesthesiology.
- Where does Dr. William Freeman practice?
- Dr. William Freeman has 3 office locations.
Dr. William Freeman practices Ophthalmology and Anesthesiology near La Jolla, CA.
Additional practice locations include: San Diego, CA.
See La Jolla Ophthalmologists and La Jolla Anesthesiologists.