inactive

William R Stevens MD Patient Reviews

• 42 reviews

November 4th, 2016
Excellent doctor. He successfully operated my back three years ago.

October 31st, 2016
Still in shock
I am still in SHOCK, Staff that works for Dr. Stevens A1!!! Dr, Stevens himself Never have I been treated with such disregard! Dr. Stevens came in to exam room, Introduced himself and them asked how much I smoked? I stated a pack a day which at that point told me he would not be treating me! I wanted to walk out that very moment, He asked who did my cervical fusion, I told him he stated " You need to go back to that surgeon."Which I would be more then happy to of they took my Insurance. He stated" There are ways around it, that he experienced that with patients of his!" Of course he had no answer on how to do it! Maybe it is possible in his world but not reality! That is how I ended up at his office in the first place, which I explained to him. He could careless, gave me a lecture on smoking and when I tried to speak to him, again he could careless what I had to say and interrupted me! I would suggest to Dr. Stevens that he ask patients if they smoke prior to making an appointment!!! I LOVE straight forward Doctors but there is a difference between straight forward and rude! He does not know the difference, I wish there was a way for me to get a return on not only my co-pay but what he will be billing my insurance! Not asking to be treated special just like a human being! My primary care physician once said to me "Remember the Dr. & Medical staff work for you! You are paying them for treatment, don't accept bad treatment in any form!" Throughout my medical treatment 3 years I have only experienced 2 bad facilities and DR. STEVENS is 1 of them! It must be nice not to have to worry about obtaining new patients or care about what reviews you get from patients after their appointment! I also have never posted a review until now. I am sure I am wasting my breath but so upset left his office in tears! To be clear I agree smoking is not good for me or anyone for that matter!

October 17th, 2016
I owe Dr. Stevens my life!
Dr. Stevens saved my life! Broke my neck & back in multiple placed. Other Docs fused me from C3 to T9. They botched surgery & I was going to be paralyzed from chest down. No other Dr. would touch me. Dr. Stevens did corrective surgery and saved my legs. When one of those rods later broke, he repaired it. Have recommended him to several people. Some get upset when he tells them that they don't need surgery. He can be very direct. I respect that in a surgeon! I will forever be grateful him.

September 10th, 2016
Worst Doctor Ever
Dr Stevens saw me following an injury to my back. I broke one of my Harrington rods in the incident, and was very swollen and in extreme pain. At first, he seemed concerned and told me I needed surgery. Then , after I rearranged my medical school schedule to schedule surgery with him, he refused to do it. He said that a stable break is okay, regardless of the pain and swelling it is causing. He said he would only operate on an unstable break. When I asked for suggestions, he told me to find another doctor.

August 30th, 2016
dissatisfied
I had three visit with his Nurse Practitioner. Never saw him. Spoke to him on the phone regarding my dissatisfaction and he could have cared less. Just kept saying I'm sorry. Basically was never given any new information and was referred back to my PCP for follow-up and narcotic medication. Come see them if my condition worsened. Will not return.

August 8th, 2016
LOVE THIS OFFICE!
Great staff and doc stevens is amazing.

August 1st, 2016
The best of the best.
Dr Stevens is an amazing Doctor. If you need the best, this is the man to see. He is an expert in his field. My family would never see anyone else.

July 18th, 2016
Dr. Stevens and Rebecca Rosemann are the BEST in the world at their profession!! Hands down! I was fused from L2-L5 by Dr. Stevens in 2006. I developed a different issue in 2013. I was fused then from S1-T10. During the surgery, he found I had bulging discs in my neck. He addressed this issue. After the surgery, my back issues were resolved. On my road to recovery, I got infected with MRSA. Having had it treated for several months. I was back to recovery again, only to have another issue with my middle back. He went in again and took some hardware out, and put more in from T10-T5. The pain I was having is gone and once again I am in the road to recovery. I did not have a second opinion as I trust the doc from the very first time we met. If you are experiencing back or neck pain, Dr. Stevens IS the doctor you want to see!

July 12th, 2016
Great Conservative Physician
Great Physician. Didn't just rush to slice open my back but acuatlly used a conservative approach. Thank you Dr. Stevens!

April 6th, 2016
Very disappointed . Awful!
I wish I have never trust my neck and back on him. All about business . No caring, compassion, nothing. getting 2 surgeries, after the loss of my son. Only 5 months before. For my Back and neck.2015. Just to find out today, I need to get them again. Seriously!. Thanks for my following up , answering messages & your dedication . Not really!

January 23rd, 2016
Great Doctor!! Highly Recommend!
God Bless Dr.Stevens. While he is on the quiet side, I felt quite confident before my back surgery was done and afterwards my pain is and has been gone for many years thanks to Dr. Stevens.

December 20th, 2015
Disappointed
Dr Stevens came to my appointment sick with the flu. He was obviously annoyed with my questions and didn't want to be there. He should have stayed home. A complete waste of time and money.