Some ratings provided by DrScore.
LOVE THIS OFFICE! show details LOVE THIS OFFICE!
by Julie W on Aug 8th, 2016

Great staff and doc stevens is amazing.

The best of the best. show details The best of the best.
by Zurn on Aug 1st, 2016

Dr Stevens is an amazing Doctor. If you need the best, this is the man to see. He is an expert in his field. My family would never see anyone else.

Jul 18th, 2016

Dr. Stevens and Rebecca Rosemann are the BEST in the world at their profession!! Hands down! I was fused from L2-L5 by Dr. Stevens in 2006. I developed a different issue in 2013. I was fused then from S1-T10. During the surgery, he found I had bulging discs in my neck. He addressed this issue. After the surgery, my back issues were resolved. On my road to recovery, I got infected with MRSA. Having had it treated for several months. I was back to recovery again, only to have another issue with my middle back. He went in again and took some hardware out, and put more in from T10-T5. The pain I was having is gone and once again I am in the road to recovery. I did not have a second opinion as I trust the doc from the very first time we met. If you are experiencing back or neck pain, Dr. Stevens IS the doctor you want to see!

Great Conservative Physician show details Great Conservative Physician
Jul 12th, 2016

Great Physician. Didn't just rush to slice open my back but acuatlly used a conservative approach. Thank you Dr. Stevens!

Very disappointed . Awful! show details Very disappointed . Awful!
by Mrs. Roman on Apr 6th, 2016

I wish I have never trust my neck and back on him. All about business . No caring, compassion, nothing. getting 2 surgeries, after the loss of my son. Only 5 months before. For my Back and neck.2015. Just to find out today, I need to get them again. Seriously!. Thanks for my following up , answering messages & your dedication . Not really!

Great Doctor!! Highly Recommend! show details Great Doctor!! Highly Recommend!
by Mike Bielicki on Jan 23rd, 2016

God Bless Dr.Stevens. While he is on the quiet side, I felt quite confident before my back surgery was done and afterwards my pain is and has been gone for many years thanks to Dr. Stevens.

Disappointed show details Disappointed
by Brett Rye on Dec 20th, 2015

Dr Stevens came to my appointment sick with the flu. He was obviously annoyed with my questions and didn't want to be there. He should have stayed home. A complete waste of time and money.

Aug 17th, 2015

excellent doctor.

Jul 6th, 2015

Amazing and Talented Surgeon show details Amazing and Talented Surgeon
by Brandi on Jul 3rd, 2015

Dr. Stevens is amazing. I was in pain for 9 years, and he took the pain away. He is an excellent surgeon, has great bedside manner, and will take great care of you before and after the surgery. His staff is always kind and courteous. I highly recommend OrthoAZ Ctr to my friends and family.

by J.A. Marvel on May 18th, 2015

I will continue to recommend Dr. Stevens to anyone who has spinal issues, especially those who have been treated for pain management only or have had unsuccessful surgeries.

Gave me effective options to surgery, which worked for me! show details Gave me effective options to surgery, which worked for me!
by David Rinehart on Apr 28th, 2015

Careful examination and evaluation revealed a surgical option AND an exercise/weight loss option. I have, under Dr Stevens' and Dr Hennenhoffer's care and supervision, lost weight, and reduced pain to a point where I am no longer thinking of surgery.

Spine surgery show details Spine surgery
by Frank Lentine on Aug 14th, 2013

From the first time I met Dr. Stevens I was at ease. I had a pinched nerve in my lower spine and later he found a pinched nerve in my neck. Four months prior to meeting Dr. Stevens I had gone to The Laser Spine Institute in Scottsdale. At the time I was unable to walk without a walker. I met with a doctor at the Arizona Pain Center. In the next 3 months I was very heavily medicated and had 3 epidural injections. There was no relief until I received the third injection. Finally, I went back to work with the use of the walker. I wanted to have surgery and heard about Dr. Stevens. I met with him with my recent MRI and x-rays. He ordered new and different MRI's, Cat Scan and x-rays. He told me to start exercising and stretching. To do what I could but do it. All the test came back and he said most doctors would operate. I felt a lot better with the exercising. I really cut back on the pain medicine. He checked me out and told me he is not operating but for me to keep exercising and come back in 4 weeks. I really feel good and I have been walking, riding a bike, swimming, even ATV riding up on the rim. Other doctors would have probably operated. For me, at 63 years old Dr. Stevens was a diamond in the rough. I can't thank him enough for his accurate diagnosis, listening to me, being straight forward and honest. Thank you for giving me my life back.

by Maryalice Witzel on May 9th, 2013

The entire Staff and Dr. Stevens were courteous, kind, prompt and answered all of my questions. Dr. Stevens and his Staff were very assuring, gave time for questions and helpful in coordinating my care. I have recommeded Dr. Stevens to many of my colleagues at my work.

I would recommend this Doctor to my family and best friends. show details I would recommend this Doctor to my family and best friends.
by Doug Henry on May 6th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Stevens for 3 years. I would say that finding him was the best thing that has ever happened to me from a personal health perspective. I have suffered from complicated disk degeneration, Scoliosis, Spondylosis, and Stenosis with worsening conditions for 20 years. My neck and spine were a complete mess and I was miserable and disabled. My first surgery (2010) was a difficult and risk-related fusion of 6 Cervical vertebra. My second surgery (2012) was a more routine (in his case) fusion of 3 Lumbar vertebra. Both surgeries were very successful and uncomplicated. In both cases, Dr. Stevens provided a realistic assessment of the risk and rewards. My recovery has been nothing short of a miracle, and exceeded the potential gains proposed by Dr. Stevens. I have since returned to a normal lifestyle, work out at a fitness center regularly with strength and flexibility increasing every month, and can manage my pain with a minimal amount of medication. Dr. Stevens takes his practice seriously, treats myself and my wife with respect and dignity, and is a model for other doctors. If you need or are considering spinal surgeries, you would be wise to consider this doctor because of his knowledge and surgical skills. Dr. Stevens now operates out of OASIS hospital, which is a specialized orthopedic hospital. OASIS is a top-notch facility, far better in every way than other Phoenix-area hospitals.

Excellent Surgeon show details Excellent Surgeon
by Debby B. on Jan 24th, 2013

I met with numerous surgeons and delayed lumbar spinal fusion surgery for 2 years because of concern about potentially poor outcomes, but when I met Dr Stevens, I knew I had found a surgeon I could trust. The outcome was exactly as he had predicted. I recovered quickly without any problems, and a year later, am doing great!

Best Surgeon for spinal surgery show details Best Surgeon for spinal surgery
by Diana Taggart on Jan 23rd, 2013

If you have to have spinal surgery this is the doctor to have. Hospital experience was the best, doctor was the best, his staff and everyone at the hospital (Oasis) were the best!

Great success show details Great success
by Viviane P on Jan 17th, 2013

When I realized that I would need spinal surgery ... well, I was nervous. But now that the surgery is done and I am back on my feet, I know that I chose the right surgeon. My back, hip and leg feel great. It is important to me to make informed decisions when it comes to my health. Dr. Stevens helped me do that without condescention and without exagerating the expected outcome. He gave me the facts in a way that made sense. I am glad I chose to have a surgery which has made me much happier and that I chose Dr. Stevens. I alkso want to mention that his office staff is friendly and helpful.

Giving me my life back show details Giving me my life back
Nov 24th, 2012

Dr Stevens is amazing. I'm 32 and I have a spinal deformity that has caused me a lot of pain and 5 surgeries to correct the structural deformities to regain function. Dr Stevens has been my orthopedic doctor for 13 years. His bedside manner is sincere, caring and real. He takes the time to listen but is also realistic about the outcome. He was always there for any post surgical issues. I would definitely recommend him to anyone that has back pain and wants a HONEST evaluation.

BEST SURGEON IN ARIZONA show details BEST SURGEON IN ARIZONA
Aug 6th, 2012

I HAD A VERY COMPLICATED, HIGH RISK SITUATION SINCE I HAD A TUMOR ON MY SPINAL CORD. THE FIRST DOCTOR THAT WAS RECOMMENDED TO ME AS ONE OF THE BEST, MOST HIGHLY REGARDED SURGEONS IN AZ REVIEWED MY CASE AND THOUGHT IT WAS TOO RISKY AND WOULDNT EVEN SEE ME. DR STEVENS NOT ONLY WENT IN AND DID MY SURGERY, BUT SAVED MY LIFE. I WOULD HAVE BEEN PARALYZED AND HE WENT IN AND TOOK AS MUCH AS MY TUMOR OUT ON MY CORD AS HE COULD AND I CAN STILL WALK!!!! SOME OF THESE REVIEWS SAY DR STEVENS IS ARROGANT, BUT HE IS CONFIDENT. HE IS AN EXCELLENT SURGEON WHO I HAVE 100% TRUST IN. MY SURGERY WAS VERY RISKY AND HE WAS THE ONE WHO MADE THE DECISION AND HAD THE COURAGE TO GO IN AND DECIDED TO TAKE IT OUT. HE IS STRAIGHT AND TO THE POINT AND HE DOES CARE FOR HIS PATIENTS. I WANNA GO IN TO A DRS OFFICE AND GET DOWN TO BUSINESS, WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN, HOW YOURE GOIN TO DO IT, WHEN WE ARE GOING TO DO IT, ETC. I DONT NEED TO CHIT CHAT ABOUT NONSENSE. I DONT GET WHAT ELSE PEOPLE WANT? I WOULD WITHOUT A DOUBT HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR STEVENS TO ANYONE! HE IS THE BEST SURGEON IN AZ! AND, HIS OFFICE STAFF IS AMAZING AS WELL!

Dr Stevens is great! show details Dr Stevens is great!
Jun 30th, 2012

Dr Stevens, his assistant, and his staff are great in every respect! The operation to fix my scoliosis was successful, and done in a hospital, OASIS, which is a specialized orthopedic hospital. We had to travel from Tucson to see him on the recommendation of an orthopedic surgeon in Tucson. We do not hesitate to recommend him to anyone with any orthopedic problem.

Don Boop show details Don Boop
Jun 25th, 2012

Dr. Stevens was very professional however he actually cares about my opinion and health. He explained the operation an what to expect. I have recomended him to friends and co-workers and will continue to do so. I am happy that the pain in my left side has gone away since the surery.

Jun 15th, 2012

Technically skilled. Right to the point. Uses Oasis Hospital which is strictly ortho, limiting staph issues.

THE GIFT FROM A HIGHER POWER show details THE GIFT FROM A HIGHER POWER
May 31st, 2012

Dr William Stevens gave a complete and accurate diagnoses of my back situation. I told him that I wanted my life back from pain, and lack of movement. He did not sugarcoat my situation and informed me he would do his best to help me regain at least 60-75% of my original lifestyle, with surgery, and he delivered. He maybe a gift from heaven!

Best neurosurgeon I've ever met with. show details Best neurosurgeon I've ever met with.
May 12th, 2012

Dr William Stevens is one of the best neurosurgeons I've ever met and choosing him for surgery was the best thing to do for my spinal problem.I highly recommend him. Other surgeons said to wait until I couldn't walk anymore. I now have a chance for a normal life because of his skill and expertise.

Thanks for helping me walk again show details Thanks for helping me walk again
Mar 9th, 2012

Went to several doctors for opinions on my back problem. Dr. Stevens was in no rush to do surgery but when I could no longer walk and wound up in the hospital because of servere pain, he said now is the time. Was released from hospital next morning and the pain was gone. I had no problems walking. No problems ever since the surgery in 2009. Just want to thanks him for a good well done.

A Compassionate, Helpful Surgeon show details A Compassionate, Helpful Surgeon
Feb 9th, 2012

Dr. Stevens is the epitome of caring doctors. He takes the time to listen to your concerns and to explain your diagnosis. If you have questions after your appointment, you can always call and he will have someone get back to you with an answer. His bedside manner truly sets him apart from other surgeons. He truly does want to help every one of his patients. The waiting time in the office is long, but it's reasonable considering everything that he does. He's reviewing tests, x-rays, and files in order to determine the best treatment. He comes into your appointment well-informed. Most doctors ask you the same questions that you just answered on paperwork in the waiting room. As a surgeon, he is exceptional. He will answer all of your questions and inform you of everything you need to know. His office staff that schedules surgeries are very helpful. They take care of everything. They also make an effort to choose assistants that accept your insurance. If you have any concerns or questions after your surgery, you can always call and ask them for help. Dr. Stevens is by far one of the most empathetic, sincere doctors I've encountered. His dedication to helping patients is evident in his calm demeanor. Additionally, he shows his sincerity through voluntary surgeries on children with spinal disorders. Dr. Stevens cares about the whole patient, mind, body, and spirit, and makes sure that each patient receives the best care possible.

An Amazing Gift show details An Amazing Gift
Jan 13th, 2012

I have had five (5) spinal surgeries over the years. The last two (2) were done in Phoenix, by Dr. William Stevens. In my experience as a patient I have never had a surgeon like Dr. Stevens. What an amazing man and an even more amazing Doctor. He diagnosed my problem, planned out a procedure, and literally gave me a new life, with his expertise. I have lived in severe pain for over 25 years, and after my surgeries by Dr. Stevens, my pain seems to be all but gone. I am still healing up from the surgeries themselves, but after many years in pain, I can tell the difference. Most all the pain I have now, will soon go away, as I heal. My long term pain, I believe will soon be gone, for the most part. Dr. Stevens, thank you for your God given ability, and your amazing compassion.

Dr. Stevens gave me my life back!! show details Dr. Stevens gave me my life back!!
Aug 30th, 2011

Three years ago I could only stand for 5 minutes and was unable to walk more than a few feet without having to sit down. This was a terrible situation -- I had both skied and played golf competitively for years.I tried everything: chiropractic medicine, a summer of physical therapy, 6 weeks of spinal epidural shots. I then started seeing a variety of spine experts for their opinions and chose Dr. Stevens for the surgery I obviously needed. I had adult degenerative scoliosis with a 45 degree curve. After 5 hours of surgery, I had two long rods on either side of my spine, 16 screws to help 8 vertebrae fuse, and a bolt in my pelvis. That was 11 months ago, and I just returned from a 2 week trip to Russia where I walked miles morning and afternoon -- mostly pain free!I have my life back thanks to Dr. Stevens. I can't say how grateful I am to him -- now I'm a young 70 year old!

Dr. "Gifted" show details Dr. "Gifted"
by Greatful Patient on Mar 24th, 2011

Dr. Stevens was accurate with his diagnosis and prompt in arranging my surgery. The surgery was extensive but my back issues were relieved. My pain management was was in place and my recovery went well without much real pain. I thought Dr. Stevens was very approachable , confident and friendly. He changed my life for the best. If you look at my xrays you can see the pride in his work....all the rods, pins and screws were precious! A piece of art. Finally...I have to say I went to eight doctors in Michigan, Indiana and Illinois and all of them felt either I had no issues or surgery would not benefit me.

patient show details patient
Mar 13th, 2011

i would highly recomend this surgeon to any and all! he is a very talented sugeon and i feel he has saved me from future problems and the extreme pain i was in!!

9 Years later show details 9 Years later
Dec 31st, 2010

I am shocked and saddened to read anything negative about Dr. Stevens. He did a 12-level corrective spinal fusion on me 9 years ago...I have virtually traveled the world and continued working since. When I thought I might have to have another surgery in the past year, he advised me with no emotion. I appreciated that...I have enough emotion and needed his caring and expertise. He also supported me in wanting to wait and see and I am glad I did...I still have only had that one huge surgery 9 years ago. Dr. Stevens was amazing...not only was he the BEST, he took care of me all the way through my hospitalization, making sure that I got everything I needed. If you need the best, he is it....hands down....

Cancelled Vacation show details Cancelled Vacation
Aug 5th, 2010

Dr. Stevens took care of a serious emergency neck problem I have several years ago. What I did no know at the time was that he cancelled a vacation with less than 2 days notice to take care of me. I did not know that until much later when a friend/caregiver told me that she heard his staff talking about it. He never mentioned it to me. I am so grateful!

by Dawn Callahan on Jul 12th, 2010

Dr Stevens is an excellent surgeon, whom I feel completely confident. I am most impressed with his knowledge and candor of identifying my existing problem and approaching it in the most conservative way possible. He and his staff provide detailed information and are always willing to go above and beyond for my care.

Jun 15th, 2010

Poor bedside manner. Made me feel as though I was wasting his time.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry that this was this patients experience, and wish that this complaint contained enough information for me to understand better why I gave this impression. NO PATIENT is a waste of my time, but I am - like all people - sometimes stressed or distracted.

Dr.William Stevens show details Dr.William Stevens
May 11th, 2010

pompous,unfriendly,discriminating, self righteous ,judgmental

Great Surgeon and human being. show details Great Surgeon and human being.
by Kelly Roskosh on Aug 21st, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. Stevens since 5/01. He did a very complex surgery on my back for adult scoliosis and degenerative disc disease. Dr. Stevens has always spent as much time as I needed to make sure all my questions were answered and concerns addressed. He is not only a gifted surgeon but a kind, compassionate and caring man. He is truly one in a million!