Overall Review

2.9

April 8th, 2016
I scheduled the first appointment of the day and his staff were 20 minutes late opening. No apology. He did not check back in with me following my procedure to discharge me. I experienced some complications and scheduled a follow up appointment and waited over 1.5 hours to see him. He discounted my concerns and sent me on my way.

May 3rd, 2015
Although the staff was very courteous, the front desk person tends to chit-chat too frequently on the phone. Very annoying.

March 1st, 2015
Worst of the Worst
This doctor is the worst of the worst. He had me in the operating room for five hours for a procedure that should have taken a half hour. I complained to the Medical board. His response is he only spent 2 and a half hours in the operating room. The operation was a disaster. Run don't walk away.

December 4th, 2014
someone tell this man to retire-soon
Extremely non personable. Office staff tried taking my blood pressure and only had a wrist type-it didn't work-they never came back to take it. He belittled both my wife and I during our time there. I would not let him operate on an animal let alone a human. Will not be returning.

February 25th, 2014
Unhappy patient
By far the worst urologist I have come across! What's worse, he's a pathetic excuse as a person in general. His business is so badly mismanaged it ought to be shut down for safety reasons. He is a slob, dirty, disheveled, unkempt, fat, rude, crude, and a total ignoramus.

December 11th, 2013
what a jerk
I've never met a more unprofessional doctor - this guy does'nt remember, his staff is awful and his demeanor is standoffish.

July 23rd, 2013
mr.
I recently relocated to the area and came to Dr. Wise for a second round of BCG treatments for bladder cancer. I received the initial BCG treatments from the area I came from. I had all of my records sent to Dr. Wise's office, right off the bat he show no concern in fact his first comments were "so I don't have to read this book, tell me....". it got worse from there. After the first office visit I was told that Medicare to get authorization for treatment and someone would be calling me back. After a week with no call I called the office and was told someone would call me. everyday that week I called and every time I was told someone would call me and no one did. In fact this is not another week and still no call, remember we're talking "cancer". I found another doctor to help me.

April 5th, 2012
A doctor & staff that care
I just finished a 2 month process working with Dr. Wise and his staff at both locations. Everyone was great and more than helpful. The word "helpful" in itself is limiting. At least in my case, these people care. Caring is more than being helpful. For example, I had really bad pain one day during the process and went to the ER. Dr. Wise came into the ER on a Saterday at 5PM till 7PM and took control of the situation. In another case I saw the office staff help an elderly man who had trouble communicating get a ride home after an office visit. If you are looking for a doctor that goes beyond being helpful, and himself, as well as his staff actually cares about you, I reccomend Dr. William R. Wise.

January 10th, 2012
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Wise. He helped me with things no other Doctor has been able to. He was very kind and took extra time to explain my situation.

October 25th, 2011
So far my experience hasn't been very good. He doesn't spend hardly anytime on patients, I would rather a doctor be hard to book but at least take SOME time. I am certain that my 2 visits didn't total 5 minutes in time actually seeing him. His receptionists constantly speaking negatively of patients while you are in the waiting room (so you know they probably will do the same about you once you aren't in ear shot), they act like you are troubling them by wasting their time and then you look through the window and see them all playing solitaire on their computers. Some of THE WORST receptionists I have ever had to deal with. Doctor Wise is a doctor who is running as many people through his office per day as possible and it doesn't seem like he cares very much about which face it is he is seeing so long as you have insurance.... I hate the fact I am dealing with him and will be looking for somebody else.

January 17th, 2011
Staff and doctor do not listen
I took my father to see Dr. Wise for Urology for incontinence. We waited an hour and ten minutes past our appointment time to be seen. I asked several times to be able to fill the doctor in on my father's problems prior to the exam and to get the results to me after the exam. I have medical power of attorney for my father. I was told repeatedly I would speak ALONE with the doctor prior to the exam. It didn't happen. The doctor came in to see us both for about 2 minutes prior to the exam. After he left, I stepped forward and specifically asked again to speak alone with whoever was doing the exam prior to the exam. I was told okay but no one spoke to me and they just did the exam. I didn't complain because we got what we wanted, but I will go to the one follow up apppointment and then never return. It's obvious they don't have time for their patients at that office.

December 27th, 2009
We fired Dr. Wise
Dr. Wise initially was the urologist for my father who has advanced prostate cancer. He was unresponsive to us, to my father, and I assume from his hospitalist (although we were not impressed with him as well). When we finally got mad after watching my father spend needless time and needless pain we fired him. The replacement urologist was highly professional and immediately got things taken care of. I would not recommend Dr. Wise to anyone. Dr. Wise never followed up or bothered to contact us.