Dr. William Rambo MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 11 reviews

March 11th, 2016
Quack!
Dr. Rambo is a quack. He could not diagnose a runny nose if he tripped over the snot. Stay away from this guy!

February 12th, 2016
DR. RAMBO IS AWESOME!

January 3rd, 2016
Indifferent Doctor
This doctor couldn't care less about his patients. He couldn't diagnose a stubbed toe, much less anything else. BEWARE!

April 29th, 2015
Back Problems
I would not recommend Dr. Rambo, my experience with him, he was very short, didn't seem to care. For example, once he look at my MRI, he never went over it with me. I was in pain for years, getting shots and taking pain medication, within time, neither one of those things were helping. I knew I probably need surgery. Dr. Rambo told me he couldn't help me, he told me to continue doing what I was during, which was, exercise and keep taking pain medication, that was like a slap in the face, that's what I paid money to hear, those appointments are not cheap, that was my five minutes.

April 19th, 2015
Dr. Rambo did not do anything to help me. He was in a hurry. He did not care that I had been in excruciating pain for almost a year. He rufused to prescribe any type of pain medicine. He told me I could wait on physical therapy or trigger point injection which took over two weeks to even set up the injection. His computer showed poor images of my crushed vertebrae so he insisted I didn't have one. He is pathetic as a doctor. I wasted my time and money getting in to see him. What an awful experience.

October 17th, 2011
Lifesaver
I am grateful for the care I recevied from Dr. Rambo and his dedicated staff. I am alive today primarily due to his superior diagnostic and surgical skills while treating me for the removal of a brain stem hematoma.

October 15th, 2011
Phil Flohr
During the past 2 years, I have had some serious medical issues that required Dr. Rambo's expertise. He has operated on me 4 times in the past 2 years. Each time was a different diagnosis yet a serious debilitating condition. I am so blessed to have a surgeon with Dr. Rambo's skill and willingness to be proactive before going to surgery. His staff, nurses and physician assistants are the kindest professionals that have treated me. Dr. Rambo has an excellent support system of like-minded, patient-centered, professionals. His surgical staff at Baptist Hospital are equally as like-minded. Because of Dr. Rambo, I am on the road to better health.

March 5th, 2011
I had a lower back and left buttock pain so severe that I was unable to sit, stand, or walk for 4 weeks, despite round-the-clock pain medications. Dr Rambo correctly diagnosed the problem as a herniated disc and arranged for spinal surgery after he had tried non-surgical methods to relieve my pain.After back surgery, I awoke in the hospital recovery room able to painlessly move my left leg for the first time in months.Dr. Rambo's skill gave me my life back. I can gladly recommend him to anyone.

January 13th, 2011
cancer attacking vertibrae in neck.
Dr. Rambo impressed me, his confidence in his knowledge, his ability. He was honest, upfront and not egotistical. he promised no miracles but explained the options and guided me to choose the option with the best possible outcome. I went into neck surgery with total confidence in him and his team.I came out feeling the same, now we are waiting to see what further is needed. I would choose him again if needed!

December 15th, 2009
Will the REAL DR. RAMBO Please stand up!!!
I have had a l-4,l-5 lower back problem since 2007 I went to acouple of doctors and I received over 3 injections at Midlands Ortho. My pain became worse and constant all the time with the sciatica. I was geting a 3 month check by my new preferred physian Dr. Greenfield at DR,s Care in 7 oaks and she had the same problem and she referred me to Dr. Rambo at the Columbia Neurosurgical Associates PA west columbia office. Dr. Rambo ordered another MRI since the one I had was 2 years old. When he reviewed the mri he informed me that injections would not solve my problem. Dr Rambo sat down and explained the complete procedure and approximatly how long it would take to heal and I could return to work. Dr. Rambo encouraged to get a second opinion and I did. I went to The Spinal Clinic in Tampa fla. Nd they wrote up the same procedure that DR Rambo had recommended. I called DR RAMBO and left a message for him to call me so I could dicuss this 2nd opinion,I had faxed a copy of the report to him. Dr. Rambo called me back and with through this comparison and due to the tampa group was using laser and they were in fla I decided to have DR Rambo do the operation here. I have been extremly pleased with the results. Dr Rambo talked to me before the surgery and also after surgery in answering all of my questions.This operation was done on 10/20/09 I was able to returnto work on the 17th of nov. During this down time from work a promotion came available and I was notified that I had to have some paper work filled out in order to get this job and 3 people were in line for this. I had to have this done in 4 hours. I calledDr Rambo,s office and he was in surgery since this was a tuesday and would not come to the office until late depending on the surgery schedule. This was not going to work for me so Dr Rambo was called during his surgery break and he had me to come to Palmetto Baptist wher he was doing surgery that morning and he took the time to ask how I was doing and he promply took the time to fill out the paperwork I needed. Now I ask anyone in today,s world how many doctors would not only do a fantastic surgeryon your back but be a (HUMAN BEING) that is what I call Doctors that have bed side manners and care about a patient. I havn,t found many that I can give that title to. Dr Rambo has earned that title and I have already recommended him to several potential patients and one has already called me back and thanked me. I would like to say that I did extensive research before I went to DR Rambo and I FOUND THE REAL DOCTOR WILLIAM RAMBO !!! Great Doctor and Great Man

March 2nd, 2008
Poor listening skills/ lacks respect for patient
Dr. Rambo contradicted recommendations I had received from my physical therapist & MD which lead my to seek a second opinion. He told me I would be OK in time & did not suggest any treatment other than time, I asked him how long I could expect it to take to heal his response was "I don't have a crystal ball". I did not think my question was unreasonable but he was rude & dismissive. The second Dr. wants an MRI & told me we would establish a treatment plan, he was concerned about all the drugs I have to take just to get through the day. He was not as soft spoken but I'm going to get treatment & off this diet of pills. In Dr. Rambo's report he wrote down a job that is no where near what I do as a profession & had me taking medications I have not taken in months I just did not feel heard by Dr. Rambo or respected, I have to wounder if since he didn't see me as a candidate for surgery I wasn't of worthy financial benefit or maybe he is just a bad Doctor?