A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Risher:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Risher is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Risher, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Risher graduated from Louisiana State University at New Orleans. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Risher has 10 hospital affiliations:
- St. Luke's Hospital/Bethlehem
- St Luke's Quakertown Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Risher accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 11 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania - 4 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 5 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 24 plans
- Anthem - 22 plans
- Louisiana Medicaid - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. William H. Risher practice?
Dr. William Risher practices Pediatrics, Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, Adult Medicine, and Vascular Surgery near Marrero, LA.
Additional practice locations include: Fountain Hill, PA and Columbus, GA.
See Marrero Pediatricians, Marrero Surgeons, and Marrero Family Physicians.