Dr. William Ritchie IV MD Patient Reviews

• Sports Medicine Albuquerque, NM

2.4

November 27th, 2016
If I could rate this physician in the negative numbers, I would. He performed surgery on my knee in 2009 and NEVER bothered to follow-up with me. I had to insist on seeing him (instead of the PA) for persistent pain that I had and Dr. Ritchie was rude and acted annoyed because I insisted to see him instead. I taught at the UNM Medical school AND my husband is a primary care physician himself, however, Dr. Ritchie ignored him completely when he accompanied me on visits. I have spent the past 6 years discouraging anyone who has an appointment with Dr. Ritchie from seeing him. It's doctors like him that give the rest a bad name. If you have an appointment with him, my advice is: find someone else! There are many good orthopaedic surgeons in ABQ to choose from.

July 19th, 2016
I would not recommend this surgeon to anyone! He did not check up on me after surgery. Also for follow up appointments, he doesn't seem very concerned with pain I am in that I telling him about and takes over an hour just to see him. Sent me back to work a week after rotator cuff surgery and pretty much has told me deal with it. He just doesn't want to hear it. Worst doctor I have ever dealt with.

August 11th, 2015
The worst doctor ever!! He does not care about his patients. Would not give me an MRI. Turns out I have rotator cuff tear which he had said there was no way unless I had been through major trauma. Dr. Ritchie was rude, impatient, uninterested, and simply wrong about my diagnosis. Go back to Med school Ritchie.

July 14th, 2015
Horrible
I waited 3 hours for him to see me for 5 min tops

June 14th, 2015
Rude inconsiderate

August 29th, 2014
After surgery?
The doctor is supposed to come and visit the patient/family after the surgery to let them know how the surgery went. However, Dr. Ritchie did not. I have not heard from him at all. I have a follow up appointment with him tomorrow that no one seemed to know about so I have absolutely no idea what time to be there before I drive 6 hours home. Also, his secretary was supposed to call me a couple days before my surgery which also never happened. I am in extreme pain after my surgery with almost no pain medication. I would recommend using this doctor as a last resort... He is very smart and knew what the problem was right away but everything else really sucks...

May 31st, 2014
uncaring
I would not recommend Dr Ritchie. He is uncaring, uninvolved, impossible to see and always very late.