A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Rizzo:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Rizzo, MD is board certified in Clinical Biochemical Genetics, Clinical Genetics (M.D.), and Pediatrics.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Addison Disease (Adrenoleukodystrophy)
- Developmental Bone Diseases
- Diffuse Cerebral Sclerosis of Schilder (Alpers Syndrome)
- Inborn Errors Lipid Metabolism
- Inherited Metabolism Diseases (Inborn Metabolism Errors)
- Mental Retardation
- Metabolic Disorders
- Skin Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Rizzo graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago.
Dr. Rizzo has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Alegent Health-Bergan Mercy Medical Ce
- The Nebraska Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Rizzo accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- Humana - 10 plans