Dr. William Rodgers MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

June 6th, 2016
Worst Doctor in town.After operation on spine in 2002 the pain never went away.He is only after the money he can get.

May 4th, 2016
L4/L5 fusion patient
Dr. Rodgers is a very capable surgeon. The only bad experience I had was poor communication between his office staff and between their office the hospital staff. I realize they are very busy but they could benefit from some communication and organizing training.

August 13th, 2015
Did not want to talk to me. He thinks he ego is very high. Very sarcastic. Would not tell anyone to go to him

May 4th, 2015
this doctor made me feel at ease, even during a difficult time in my life and helped me decide the best choice for me and my health.

April 25th, 2015
Wonderful, Caring, EXCELLENT, Doctor and I wouldn't trust any other Dr with my back problems ♥

December 18th, 2014
I am a long term repeat patient. The fact that Dr. Rodgers referred me to a different surgeon for one of my surgeries reinforced my trust in him. He has always gone the extra mile for me.

May 20th, 2013
TERRIBLE AND NO FOLLOW UP PAIN MANAGEMENT
DO NOT LET THIS DOCTOR CUT ON YOUR BACK. TELLS YOU 90% SUCCESS RATE WITH DISCECTOMY AND THEN TAKES THE MONEY AND RUNS! WENT BACK FOR FOLLOW UP BECAUSE OF DEHABLITATING PAIN (THIS WAS 3 YEARS AGO AND STILL CAN'T SLEEP MORE THAN 2 HRS AT A TIME OR WORK). AND I HAVE WORKED 25 YRS AND NEVER DRAWN A SINGLE GOVT CHECK IN MY LIFE(AND PROUD OF IT!), SO THIS IS NOT COMING FROM A DEADBEAT. I AM STILL DOING PHYSICAL THERAPY AND MY DR (WHO DOES HAVE A LITTLE HEART) HAS ME ON PAIN MEDS TO WHERE I CAN HALFWAY FUNCTION. DO NOT LET HIM TOUCH YOU! OF COARSE FROM MY EXPERIENCE, HE WOULD RATHER FLIRT AND TOUCH MY WIFE THAN ME! MADE A SPECIFIC COMMENT ABOUT ME NOT BEING ABLE TO TAKE CARE OF SUCH A PRETTY GIRL PROPERLY, WITH MY BACK PAIN AND ALL! HOW RUDE AND CRUDE! THE ABSOLUTE WORST! A HEARTLESS OLD ARMY DOCTOR!

August 2nd, 2011
I have read the other reviews for Dr. Rodgers and wanted to share our thoughts. Front office staff was OK - nothing special. Ed (Physician's Assistant) was Great! Dr. Rodgers was very thorough, listened to us, answered our questions fully. Very direct and to the point. Listened to my concerns over the rating received here, we discussed them and I left feeling comfortable. Thank you!

April 23rd, 2011
Very knowledgable doctor. Got the appt. very quick. Did have to wait in the office for quite a while to see him. Did an excellent job with the surgery, in my opinion, so far. Did explain everything about the surgery and the results, such as, you may, have nerve pain for 6 months to a year after the surgery. Did not explian that he would cut off ALL pain meds 3 weeks after surgery and would have no compassion that there is still pain involved (as he previously stated). Now, will not return phone calls or prescribe additional pain medication. Oh, and do not take your 18 yr old daughter to the appt with you, unless you don't mind your doctor flirting with you daughter. Overall, great surgeon with no bedside manner or compassion, so here I sit with my back fixed, but severe sciatic pain in my leg (not able to work) for I guess 6 months until the pain subsides hopefully? Have you ever taken over the counter pain meds for nerve pain? May as well eat some M&M's. Would have to recommend checking into doctors in columbia or St. louis areas, rather than and old army doctor with 0 compassion. No wonder people go to the streets for pain relief. I have never been an addict of any sort- never even smoked a joint in my life, but yet "I don't want to become addicted to prescription pain medication" which I DO need for a short time after this surgery.

September 23rd, 2010
No time after surgery
Quick with MRI & CAT scan but never explains to you whats going one. just puts you in surgery and then when you have a complaint after send you to pain clinic and then nothing, crushed bones and loose screws didn't find until I insisted he take the time to LOOK! I'm still hurting as bas as I was

April 1st, 2010
Dr. William Blake Rodgers
I had back pain and went to see Dr. Rodgers. He didn't touch me or even let me show him where my back pain was. His PA sent me for x-rays, then for MRI. They said I needed a Discogram. He had his partner Dr, Curtis Cox do that. He hit a nerve that went down my Left leg. His PA called there was nothing they could do for me since it wasn't a disc problem. and to go back to a pain clinic. The nerve hurt so bad, I called them and the nurse called back to tell me she ordered me pain meds. I asked her if it would help with nerve pain, she said yes. The pain pill didn't touch the pain. I called and wanted my records for the pain clinic Dr. They sent me my records, which included a 4 page complete physical. NOBODY EVER TOUCH ME , SO HOW DID THEY DO THE PHYSICAL???I Will NEVER GO BACK OR RECOMMEND MIDWEST SPINE CLINIC FOR ANYTHING.

September 5th, 2008
Bad experience with this man
When I visited this clinic a year ago the doctor asked me if I wanted to have surgery right away. His bedside manner was horrible. He did not share my information with another care giver with out it being dragged out of him by other doctor. I also feel that he was the one that said that nothing should be done for my trouble. I would not recommend sending any young person with any ailment to this doctor.