A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Banks:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Banks
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Banks Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Banks, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Banks graduated from The University of Texas at Galveston.
Dr. Banks has 7 hospital affiliations:
- St Luke's Episcopal Hospital
- Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William Skidmore Banks MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 49 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. William S. Banks practice?
- Dr. William Banks has 2 office locations.
Dr. William Banks practices Ophthalmology near Houston, TX.
See Houston Ophthalmologists.