A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Our records indicate this doctor is retired.
Learn more about Dr. William Banks:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Banks, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Banks graduated from The University of Texas at Galveston.
Dr. Banks has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital
- The Methodist Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Banks accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. William S. Banks practice?
Dr. William Banks practices Ophthalmology near Houston, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Pearland, TX.
See Houston Ophthalmologists.