Surgeons
Piedmont Orthopaedic Complex
4660 Riverside Park Blvd
Macon, GA 31210
478-474-2114
Locations and availability (1)

|  show details
by Smith on Jun 5th, 2014

Dr. Barnes treated me for a torn rotator cuff. The surgery he performed never healed properly and will have to be performed again. My injury resulted in major nerve damage that he was unwilling to file through worker's compensation resulting in a misdiagnosis and several months of additional pain. I was forced to find alternative treatment when he lied about the severity of my injury by understating the significance of the tear. Contrary to the medical reports that proved otherwise. I guess he assumed I did not know how to read or perform a simple Internet search. The course of action he took was completely inappropriate for the size of tear and my age resulting in added pain and suffering that concludes with additional surgery. His unwillingness to attribute the nerve damage to the injury also let to further misdiagnosis from other physicians. Even after I paid out of pocket for tests that proved the nerve damage was part of the injury, he still refused to treat them as the same injury and attempted to have me pay for treatment of the nerve damage with one of his in-house physicians. My current physicians tell me that had I received the proper treatment from the start, I would not be subject to an additional surgery and a lengthy recovery. In my mind, Dr. Barnes forewent my needs for proper care to avoid going to bat with worker's compensation due to a desire to get paid above my need for treatment. He belittled me, lied to me, intimidated me and took complete advantage of the system for his own profit. Had this doctor treated me as he should have, with my recovery being of the highest importance, I would not have to undergo the same surgery again.

|  The go to man!  |  show details
by JQC on Sep 17th, 2008

Unfortunately Dr. Barnes has had to perform numerous surgeries on me. He's an excellent surgeon. I wouldn't want anyone else working on me.