A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Gilmer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Gilmer, Neurologist, Psychiatrist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Gilmer, MD is board certified in Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 22 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Alzheimer Disease
- Back Pain
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Facial Nerve Diseases
- Facial Nerve Pain (Trigeminal Neuralgia)
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Headache Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Muscle Spasticity
- Muscular Dystrophies
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Neck Pain
- Peripheral Nervous System Diseases
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Sleep Disorders
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Gilmer graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Gilmer has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Texas Orthopedic Hospital
- Park Plaza Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William Somerville Gilmer MD is a male Neurologist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Neurology.
- Where does Dr. William S. Gilmer practice?
- Dr. William Gilmer has 3 office locations.
Dr. William Gilmer practices Neurology near Houston, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Webster, TX.
See Houston Neurologists.