A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Tankersley:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Tankersley is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Tankersley
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Tankersley Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Tankersley, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Tankersley graduated from Loma Linda University.
Dr. Tankersley has 6 hospital affiliations:
- St Joseph's Hospital - Savannah
- Liberty Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William Stephen Tankersley MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 23 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. William S. Tankersley practice?
- Dr. William Tankersley has 5 office locations.
Dr. William Tankersley practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Statesboro, GA.
Additional practice locations include: Portland, OR and Coral Gables, FL.
See Statesboro Surgeons.