3.0

Left metal chips in my knee during surgery show details Left metal chips in my knee during surgery
by Ken on Feb 1st, 2016

Dr. Sanko performed an ACL replacement surgery on my left knee. He left metal chips in my knee. He failed to do the basic check of the post op x-ray. The metal completely shredded my knee. I was in horrific pain for six months. I couldn't bend the knee, could barely walk and certainly could not sleep. He told me I was not making a good enough effort in physical therapy. Finally after six months he discovered what happened. I have had four more surgeries on the knee since then (by others surgeons) in an effort to fix the damage he did. My life has been ruined. For the last 15 years I have remained in pain every minute of every day. The damage negatively impacted how I walk which triggered significant back issues and more constant pain. The knee barely bends to 90 degrees. If I stand for more than 5-10 minutes it becomes very painful. If I sit for more than 10-15 minutes my back becomes very painful. Sleep comes in 30-40 minute blocks (50-60 minutes on a good night). The pain never ends.

Hip surgery show details Hip surgery
by William Balling on Mar 29th, 2011

Great bedside manner. Was willing to talk to me and explain my situation. Other Docters treated me as if I was on an assembly line and they could not wait to get to the next patient. Dr Sanko took the time I needed.

Hopefully Hasn't Changed show details Hopefully Hasn't Changed
by Leslie N. on May 4th, 2010

I had Dr. Sanko a long time ago, in 1998. I was eight years old and broke my left elbow badly. My first impression of Dr. Sanko was when I had my appointment two days after being at the ER, sick on the codeine they prescribed. He was not pleased with their handling of my case and his anger on my behalf solidified my mother's good opinion of him. He was gentle and thoughtful to me and performed two surgeries: one to put pins in my elbow and another to remove the pins. He was an excellent doctor. I'm a very active person, with 100% usage of my elbow, and am qualified to enter Air Force BMT because of the excellent treatment that helped me regain full use. I recommend him to anyone who needs his services, although it's difficult to get an appointment sometimes because he's a popular doctor.