Family Physicians, Internist

3209 W Fullerton Pike
Ste E
Bloomington, IN 47403
812-825-6102
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

|  Love the doctor, hate the office  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2014

Dr. Schmalz is an excellent diagnostician. He has an encyclopedic medical mind and would be a good doctor to see if you have a problem no one else will diagnose. However, he appears to love medicine, but not anything else about the business, which he leaves to a bunch of (female) incompetents. Not only are they incompetent, they are rude. Why? Because they can get away with it. The tone of an office comes from the top down, and there is no interest in management at the top. It's true, when you have an appt., it takes hours to be seen. I have waited as much as 4 hours. This is the norm. Why don't they just book less patients? If you criticize or suggest anything different, they will tell you to go elsewhere. A very odd way to run a doctor's office. Why do I stay? I like Dr. Schmalz. But, honestly, I don't know how long I can put up with the other stuff.

|  great doctor  |  show details
Jan 15th, 2012

Dr. Schmalz is a brillian doctor. I suspect he knows every condition in Harrison's principles of internal medicine. He diagnosed my husband's rare t-cell lymphoma. He has saved jimmy from hospitalizations for pneumonia with IVs in his office. I do not know of another physician in Blmgton who does the things he does. So what if you have to wait sometimes.

|  show details
Mar 29th, 2011

It took me at least 2 months to get an appointment with this doctor. On appointment day I arrived 15 minutes early hoping to see him on time. I waited 2 hours before I could see him. After he saw me for few seconds without understanding my issue he ordered EKG for me. It took additional 2.5 hours before EKG was even initiated. I was told I will have to wait few minutes not few hours. This was done only after I threatened to walk out. He conducted several other unnecessary and unrelated tests to my condition. I had very good insurance at the time. I paid my co-pay during check out. Then, 3 YEARS later out of blue, I get the call from debt collectors office that I owe money to this unprofessional person. I am not sure he even has a valid medical license. The whole staff was run by high school drop outs- so it seemed. Good luck to all of you who see him.