Dr. William Schroer MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Bridgeton, MO

• Good
  • Bad

December 4th, 2016
I am 3 weeks post op for total knee replacement. I credit Dr. Schroer totally for my wonderful recovery. I am walking with a cane and am weaning myself off pain meds. I went to a wedding last night. I waited years before making this decision, and until I consulted Dr. Schroer did I feel ready to make the big decision. I feel so blessed.

May 2nd, 2016
Got a new knee!
After years of cortisone shots, it was time for knee replacement surgery. Dr. Schroer and his staff were exceptional throughout. There is some wait time at appointments, but that's because he is so popular!

December 3rd, 2015
Awesome doctor.

May 1st, 2015
New knee
I would like to thank Dr. William Schroer and his staff for a great job they do, they are very professional, and very friendly, I would recommend him to anyone, thanks again and may God Bless you for all the great things you do.

January 18th, 2015
Minimally-Invasive Total Knee Replacement
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Schroer. My mimimally-invasive total knee replacement went smoothly and the rehab was a breeze compared to replacement rehab. I just wish he wasn't so busy as the wait to get an appt. is crazy.

January 8th, 2015
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. William Schroer.

December 3rd, 2014
The Best Knee Replacement DR. To Have
There Was A Wait To Get In To See Him, But Was Totally Worth It, I Had Seen Other Doctors And All Of Them Said Both Knees Needed To Be Replaced, I Found Him On The Internet, Thank God! His P.A. Did An X-ray Before I Seen Him . Dr. Schroer Came In And Said My Left Knee Was Bone On Bone And Needed To Be Replaced, But My Right Knee Still Had Cartilage And The Pain Could Be Managed With Shots And Once The Left Knee Was Replaced The Right One Wouldn't Hurt So Bad. Then He Said His P.A. Would Set Me Up An Appointment And Started To Walk Out, But I Said WAIT A Minute I Have Questions! He Sat Down And Answered ALL My Questions, Very Nice Guy, Even Said I Was About The Only Person That Had Done Her Homework And Knew What I Wanted, That Most People Just Said " OK DOC" And Never Asked Questions, " It's YOUR Body People, You Should ASK QUESTIONS!" Well He Doesn't Cut The Muscles And Nerves, He Pulls Them Loose From The Old Knee And Gives You A New Knee, Takes About 1 Hour, So He Doesn't Have To Circulate Your Blood Back Into Your Body, " It's A Very Bloody Surgery " But The Way He Does It You Have Less Therapy Because No Cut Muscles, He Doesn't Use A Machine To Exercise Your Knee For You, Because If They Set The Machine Up Wrong It Could Damage Your New Knee. " Don't Be LAZY Do The Exercises " I Had A Therapist Came To My House, I Did My Stretches And Was Dancing In About 3 Weeks, My Therapist Said She Had Worked With Knee Replacements By Other Doctors And At 6 Months They Were Still Using A Walker. I Have Told Every One, If You Have Bad Knees Go To Dr. Schroer, Other Doctors Wanted The Money To Replace BOTH My Knees And When I Asked Questions They Got Upset, Because They Were GOD And I Was Suppose To Just Do What They Said And Not Question Them. This Doctor Is Honest, Caring, And THE BEST. Now That My Left Knee Is Fixed My Right Knee Doesn't Hurt Either, I Know Some Day I Will Need To Have The Right One Replaced, I Just Hope He Is Still Around To Do It. He Gave Me My Life Back, I Can Walk , Ride My Motorcycle, Ride My Horses, And DANCE Without Pain, I've Had Friends That Didn't Listen To Me, Went To Some Quack And Are In Horrible Pain. THIS Is The BEST Doctor, God Bless You Dr. Schroer.

September 27th, 2012
Thank Goodness for this Doctor!
As mentioned above - Dr. Schroer & team were very attentive. He can put at ease - while explaining your issues in a manner we laymen can understand. So much so, that I don't mind to having to get another needle in the knee!

November 21st, 2011
Had a particularly badly damaged knee, with approximately 1/2" of the Tibia worn away on the interior portion of the bone. Knee actually bowed outward as a result. Was able to walk with less pain the day after surgery then when I walked into the hospital b/4 the procedure. Was walking without a cane after 12 days, and back to work in 3 weeks. Part or reason for wait and ease of appointment is due to demand for his work, as he originated the procedure for sparing the thigh muscle during the replacement surgery.

June 3rd, 2017