Dr. William Schulman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

August 12th, 2015
Calm, cool manner. Makes you feel at ease

July 18th, 2013
Love Dr. Schulman
Dr. Schulman is the standard in which all physicians should practice. He is dedicated , bright and caring individual. I completely and without question trust his diagnostic skills and his expertise. He is a caring and wonderful human being .

October 22nd, 2012
Horrible first and last experience
As a new patient I sat in the waiting room for almost 45 minutes before even being acknowledged. I was then given about 10 plus pages of paperwork that I could have been filling out right along. I was then brought back to a room where 8 continued to wait another 45 mins. Then the doctor came in never looked at me shook my hand or introduced himself. After a two second visit and poor medical history he determined I needed a biopsy withou even talking to me. Then when I went to check out and inquired as to whether insurance would cover my procedure his staff was rude to me stating I needed to call the insurance company when All I was asking for was the medical code or name of procedure so I could call. This office and staff including dr are rude and condescending do yourself a favor and go somewhere else! I walked out and will not be going back

December 20th, 2011
My experience with Dr. Schulman in hospital
My experience with this doctor came about because I ended up in Community Hospital emergency room and then admitted into hospital for surgery to remove my gall bladder. Being new to the area I was told who would be doing my surgery. What a terrible experience it turned out to be. Surgery was to be @ 3:00 the next day. I ended up in the surgery holding room on a gurney with hair net waiting one full hour for dr. Then brought into operating room, splayed out on operating table for another half an hour! The nurses were compassionate and kept calling over intercom for Dr. S. and his assistant Dr. Berger to no avail. After Dr. S. eventually showed up the assistant was still no where to be found. Dr. Berger sauntered in another 15 minutes later. At that point with no apology or excuse he gruffly put me under. I realize this may sound like a dramatization but I assure you this is the whole truth with no exaggeration or embellishment. Yes this is a patients worst nightmare. I wonder if their are other patients with similar experiences.

June 22nd, 2011
The Best
Dr. Schulman is a caring and patient surgeon who takes the time to explain matters in a way the average person can understand. He is gentle and kind and most of all, competent.

April 5th, 2011
Awful
Waited close to 2 hours in waiting room. Spent only 10 minutes with doctor. Extremely poor experience, zero confidence in opinion.

September 14th, 2009
Does he know me at all?
While he may be a good surgeon, he is certainly not up to snuff in the bedside manner department. I find it worrisome that I have to fill him in on my type of cancer, what tests were performed and what was removed while he's got his back to me. In my humble opinion, I feel a doctor should at least look at your file or chart and go over the facts and stats before coming into the examining room. Please make me feel as though you know who I am and understand my particular case. And waiting times? Holy mackeral! It's NEVER under an hour and a half. One visit was literally over 2 hours in waiting and less than 5 in the examining room.