Dr. William Seitter Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. William Seitter?

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. William Seitter?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 11th, 2017

Rude and unprofessional

The front office staff seemed pretty normal, but when my child was seen by the doctor, I was very surprised how rude and unprofessional he was. We saw Dr. William Seitter. I changed over to this pediatrician since the office was close by after having several missed diagnoses with another pediatrician. At my son's 9 month appointment they did not do a developmental check, which it turns out my son was a little delayed and this would have been very helpful to know earlier on so we could have gotten him help earlier. I also had some worries about his eating because he was not chewing and was choking on everything, even puréed foods. The doctor just said that he was a big kid and it was because he was still breastfeeding. He told me-just stop breastfeeding him! The doctor also rolled his eyes and made grimaces while I asked a couple other general questions and then said, Are you done now? Since we got the flu shot for my son, we had to come back a month later for the follow up shot. My husband came with me this time and had a question for the doctor that was unrelated to the shot, and the doctor answered it, so I thought maybe the doctor was having a bad day the time before. When we made an appointment to get a referral for an OT a month later, the doctor surprised us again. It turns out my son needed feeding therapy to learn to chew and swallow correctly after his tongue tie was fixed, but the previous pediatrician had sent over the referral, so when my husband and I had mentioned that my son was getting feeding therapy, he let out a sarcastic laugh and said, I can't believe insurance will pay for that because your kid is so huge; there is no way I would have let him get that. We also mentioned that the feeding therapist was requesting a follow up blood test to make sure he was getting all the right nutritional needs and she recommended OT since my son was exhibiting some red flags that he may have some other underlying issue causing anxiety. The doctor continually rolled his eyes and made sounds while we tried to explain what we had been told by other specialists and then said, well I'm not doing anything for you unless you get an official note from the therapist explaining exactly why it is needed - if I send a request over to insurance now they will laugh me out of the room because your kid is so huge. We told him we would make sure to get a letter from the therapist but would appreciate if they could do the blood test since our insurance would cover it and we would pay anything extra. The doctor finally agreed. We also mentioned that we tried sleep training several times and it had not been successful. The doctor just said the only way was Ferber. We mentioned that we had tried leaving him to cry many times but he would go 3 hours escalating more and more before falling asleep and waking up again minutes later. And, we had tried for a month and a half straight one time, 2 weeks another time, etc. The doctor just said that babies know they can just wait 3 hours and 1 minute to get their way so you have to show them you aren't coming back and they are on their own. After the doctor walked out and we waited for the nurse to take my son's blood, we could hear the doctor make fun of my son loudly to all of the staff. My son had a lot of medical issues since birth so he had already learned early on that he hated doctor offices, so when the doctor coldly and harshly handled my son during each appointment, he screamed all the more, and it took him months to get over it. The nurse also rough handled my son when she took blood. After trying several times to get a vain, she stabbed it in and left a humongous bruise for days. When we followed up with the letter from the therapist so we could get a referral, the lady doing the referrals gave us the run around for 2 months and never sent over the referral. They wasted so much of our time and put my son back by months when he could have been receiving treatment he needed. Even if they didn't see a benefit, it wouldn't have hurt them to just send over the referral. He is really delayed now but we are working on getting back on track thanks to the new pediatrician we changed to.

July 6th, 2017

Dr. Seitter has been our boys' (14 and 16) pediatrician since they were born, and he has been great. Just chatted with him at their last wellness visit and it was a pleasure, as always. Great doctor!

October 16th, 2015

He sucks!!!!

Dr. Seitter has the worst bedside manner! He is so condescending. I am a concerned parent trying to find out what is best for my child and he talks down to me and acts like a jerk! He didn't say anything to me or my daughter before pulling her shirt up or her pants down to examine her. I was shocked!!! Awful awful awful experience. I will never subject my child to that again!

July 9th, 2015

He is very direct but with that comes accurate diagnosis and a great doctor/ family relationship.

April 9th, 2013

Caring and compassionate

Dr. Seitter has always been so caring about my kids. He runs on schedule, he follows up, and he remembers activities and things my kids care about. I will refer him to friends, co-workers, and anyone looking for a pediatrician.

October 17th, 2012

I have taken my boys to Dr. Seitter for 9 years, since my oldest was born. The first time around he was great and compassionate, being a young first time mom I appreciated that. He is conservative in his treatments, which again, I love. I have a 3 year also, with several health problems and Dr seitter and the office have helped coordinate his care and paid very close and special attention to him. Dr seitter has personally called ob Saturday and Sundays to check on my boys and always gives amazing and helpful advice! My kids love him and his staff I would never take my boys anywhere else!!!!

September 17th, 2012

Unpleasant Staff

I have been coming here for quite some time now and each time I have the same experience but hoping it would be better. First of all, the waiting room has absolutely NOTHING related to kids, it is plain and boring, but has 2 t.v's that does play children's movies. They have a lot of staff and not one of them seems like they have a personality. None of them smile, conversate with you, say hi, or even make you feel welcomed. They do not talk to the kids or make them feel comfortable. Kids do not like doctors, so wouldn't it be up to the staff to make them feel a little bit comfortable by speaking to them and smiling? My 2 1/2 year old was in today and they didn't once smile at her, talk to her, or even make her feel at ease in the patient room. I felt so bad for my daughter because she was scared and they act like they do not care at all. The doctor finally came in and he was the same exact way-he avoided eye contact with me and was very short with his questions and answers and didn't spend barely any time with my daugher at all or even ask if I had any questions, he was in and out. They made me feel like I was wasting their time by being there. I think that if you are going to work with kids, THEN YOU NEED TO LIKE KIDS AND LIKE PEOPLE and have some sort of a cheerful personality. It has been like this for the past year and a half. As of right now, we are going back to her old doctor. We don't want to go somewhere where we do not feel wanted.

September 6th, 2012

Nice guy with sense of humor

October 3rd, 2011

Arwyn Luckett's mom

My daughter had a wax build up in her ear. She has autism and really doesnt like having things in her ears and mouth. Dr. Seitter was great. He walked in and talked to her, had her check him out so she trusted him. He talked to me and found out we had no insurance and he cleaned her ear out. He told his staff to charge us the rate we would have paid before i lost my insurance, then he gave me some childrens tylenol. He has been awesome since Arwyn was a baby, and that just made us sad he doesnt see adults. I would recomend him to anyone. I had Arwyn sick once also and we had to see the Nurse Practitioner. She was just as awesome.

February 11th, 2011

I have taken my children to see Dr. Seitter for over 11 years. My favorite thing is that he runs on time. He cares for my kids and always gets them in to see them if I'm worried about something.

August 2nd, 2010

Patient Doctor

Dr. Seitter is very patient and organized, two essential qualities for a pediatrician. I have always felt nervous about vaccinations, he has supported my hesitations and agreed to take extra steps with me to prevent complications, like taking my daughter's tempature prior to any vaccinations and does not make me feel guilty for delaying vaccinations or not doing all on the same day. He never rushes our appointments and loves to answer any questions I might have for him. He is a great doctor, especially for a first time Mom.

January 19th, 2010

He is amazing and has taken excellent care of our twins. He even called us at home to make sure our twins were doing okay after coming home from the hospital! I can't say enough good things about Dr. Seitter. Very thorough and takes the time to explains things so that I can understand.