A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Smeal:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Smeal, MD, FACC is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Smeal graduated from Temple University Physicians, Philadelphia.
Dr. Smeal has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Windber Medical Center
- Meyersdale Community Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Smeal accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- UPMC Health Plan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 5 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans