Dr. William Smiddy MD Patient Reviews

3.6

• Good
  • Bad

June 6th, 2017
Could not care less about patients
Quick and inefficient. What ever will get you out. Turn his back when he is done minimally examining you and see ya. A very poor representation of a Bascom Palmer "professional" What a joke.

March 29th, 2017
Received good news so was highly satisfied
Entire staff very efficient and professional. Techs Jonathon, Christopher, and Jessica (or Jennifer) were friendly. Tina was OK.

July 14th, 2016
Dr William Smiddy is the rudest Doctor I have ever encountered in my life He is a complete & utter jerk who hopefully one day either him or his family will be treated in the same manner

June 22nd, 2016
Dr. Smiddy is a wonderful doctor. He managed to close a macular hole I had after my first surgery with another physician failed. He was courteous, professional and very detail oriented. He is a very busy surgeon but sat down with me and went over the necessary bullet points and then asked if I had any additional questions. I did not because he had covered everything that I had written down to ask him.

February 16th, 2016
Genius!
Dr. Smiddy is simply the finest retina surgeon in the world. He handles the most difficult cases with ease and is the most sought after eye surgeon anywhere. Thousands of patients owe their sight to the outstanding art of Dr Smiddy.

January 1st, 2016
Rude and arrogant
The worst medical person I have ever seen...

November 4th, 2015
during my surgery he tore my retina. I lost all pressure in my eye and it started to shrink and he said nothing could be done for my eye and left it at that. If I hadn't gone to another dr who stabilized my eye and stopped it from shrinking I would have had to have an artificial eye. Before the surgery I asked him a few questions about the surgery and he said " I don't have time for a fire side chat I have a lot more patients to see" I was completely shocked by that response and didn't even know how to respond. My mother was in the room and she was totally shocked like I was.

September 28th, 2015
MD
I just loved reading the patient comments about Dr. Smiddy. He can appear to patients to be all of those things that the patients commented on. But he is a brilliant surgeon, and if you have a REAL problem with your RETINA, there is no one better, probably anywhere in the world, to take care of it. But if your problem is not a major problem, he will not spend much time worrying about it, and I imagine he feels , neither should you.

April 21st, 2015
Professional, pleasant, and a brilliant surgeon. Would recommend him without hesitation.

January 28th, 2014
terrible experience
very unprofessional, donot recommend him

May 13th, 2013
This is a terrible practice. Dr. Smiddy was very unprofessional. He used unprofessional words and yelled at me. I dont trust him or his staff. Definitely donot recommend going to him.

March 29th, 2013
Prior Patient
Had seen him as a physician for years and had become use to his poor bedside manor. Once i needed to start asking questions his level of anger and frustration at basic questions made me exit and move to a different physician within Bascom Palmer. He has a real issue with dealing with his patients. I would not recommend the use of his services unless you are use to being abused by his abrasive personality and scare tactics!!