A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Sobel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. William Sobel is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Sobel
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Sobel Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Sobel, MD is board certified in Addiction Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Sobel graduated from University of California at Davis. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Sobel has 2 hospital affiliations:
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
- New York Presbyterian HospitalNew York Weill Cornell Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. William David Sobel MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 20 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Addiction Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. William D. Sobel practice?
- Dr. William Sobel has 1 office location.
Dr. William Sobel practices Psychiatry and Addiction Psychiatry near New York, NY.
See New York Psychiatrists and New York Addiction Specialists.