Pain Management Doctors, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile
Downtown High Point
Johnson Neurological Clinic
606 N Elm St
High Point, NC 27262
336-889-8877
Locations and availability (6)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  I Still can't thank Dr.Spillane and Dr. Jane enough !!!  |  show details
by EW Kearns on Jun 6th, 2013

I as looking for Dr. Spillane's phone number and happen to look at the reviews again. I am still amazed at the person that kept seeing him for a year. Why would anyone be in that kind of pain, and keep going to such a terrible Doctor? I have been through a lot of ups and downs. Some meds work only for a while. Some have not worked at all. I have never felt anything but sincere concern when things are not going well for me. I have been seeing Dr.Spillane Jane for a long time. They both tried extremely hard to help me avoid the narcotic route, because of the side effects . Through all of this, all I have seen is more concern and kindness. I hope the person that wrote that review sees this and explains why he continued to put up with what he did. I would imagine that it is the typical situation where you get treated the way you treat others. Possibly Dr. Spillane was simply trying to deal with you the best he could, and the staff was trying to pacify you by going along with you. There is always two sides. EW Kearns

|  Best at his work & listens!  |  show details
by A on Feb 6th, 2013

He is very kind hearted. He is thorogh with tests and knows by what you describe and feel how to help you.

|  Best at his work & listens!  |  show details
by A on Feb 6th, 2013

Nov 6th, 2012

Dr. Spillane is an awesome physician. He cares.

Mar 7th, 2012

After reading the previous review, I realize that opinions vary. For the last 7 years I have been a patient of Dr. Spillane & Jane Keilitz. I contacted Dr Spillaine because the success a friend had with him after struggling with a shoulder problem for years. Dr Spillane changed her life. My 1st visit was with Jane convinced me that I had found the right place. My 2nd appointment was for a procedure with Dr Spillane. I truly felt like we had been friends all my life. The genuine concern and compassion I experienced humbled me. I developed a playing doctor syndrome because of what Dr John Davis previously had done to me. This is a role I don't need to play. I am very thankful that Jane has the ability to, very politely get me back on track. I can't imagine where I would be without them. I owe them my world. EW Kearns 3/7/12

|  My Story  |  show details
Feb 29th, 2012

I suffer from chronic neck pain. Dr Spillane did not take the time to understand my case. My initial exam was completed by his PA Jane Kiletz (great PA) After months of unsuccessful treatment his final diagnosis as I was suffering from arthritis. This is the point I realized he was so unfamiliar with my case that he did not realize I had been injured in a head impact blunt force trauma accident. His office staff does not respect him and that was made very clear during every visit. When I questioned him about the diagnosis he became curt and defensive and hinted that a law suit must be pending and proceeded to tell me what I could tell the attorneys and was promptly dismissed. He has not bothered to see or speek with me since. Anyone who suffers from chronic pain knows that a lawsuit is the last thing your worried about, all you really want is your life back. Even though this had taken place I decided to continue to see his PA for another 6 months with no relief. They have been unable to find a pain medicine or persue a treatment plan that could ease my pain. The overall lack of urgency to help relieve my pain has forced me to find another specialist. Overall I found Dr Spillane very arrogant, impatient, poor listener and very unprofessional with his staff and at times with his patience. I also found their appointment billing practices to be questionable and I am currently working with my insurance company to investigate this. I was seen by Dr Spillan for almost one year and I felt like I gave him and his office staff a fair opertunity to help ease my pain. Current pain level when I left his care was an 9 out of 10 with a 7 being my lowest pain level during the whole treatment period.

Dec 3rd, 2010

I was his patient for several years while he was at Wake Forest Baptist Hospital. He is one of the finest doctors I have ever been in touch with. He not only was a wonderful doctor but he became a close friend, a doctor I could talk to. I treasured his friendship and the accuracy of treating me for my condition. He is rated excellent in my opinion.