Pain Management Specialist, Anesthesiologist (pain control), Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Bobby Agner on Nov 3rd, 2015

One of the best Dr's I have visited, and I have seen more than my share.

by Mike Hammer on Aug 3rd, 2015

Micky is a good Doctor

Best at his work & listens! show details Best at his work & listens!
by A on Feb 6th, 2013

He is very kind hearted. He is thorogh with tests and knows by what you describe and feel how to help you.

Best at his work & listens! show details Best at his work & listens!
by A on Feb 6th, 2013

Nov 6th, 2012

Dr. Spillane is an awesome physician. He cares.

My Story show details My Story
Feb 29th, 2012

I suffer from chronic neck pain. Dr Spillane did not take the time to understand my case. My initial exam was completed by his PA Jane Kiletz (great PA) After months of unsuccessful treatment his final diagnosis as I was suffering from arthritis. This is the point I realized he was so unfamiliar with my case that he did not realize I had been injured in a head impact blunt force trauma accident. His office staff does not respect him and that was made very clear during every visit. When I questioned him about the diagnosis he became curt and defensive and hinted that a law suit must be pending and proceeded to tell me what I could tell the attorneys and was promptly dismissed. He has not bothered to see or speek with me since. Anyone who suffers from chronic pain knows that a lawsuit is the last thing your worried about, all you really want is your life back. Even though this had taken place I decided to continue to see his PA for another 6 months with no relief. They have been unable to find a pain medicine or persue a treatment plan that could ease my pain. The overall lack of urgency to help relieve my pain has forced me to find another specialist. Overall I found Dr Spillane very arrogant, impatient, poor listener and very unprofessional with his staff and at times with his patience. I also found their appointment billing practices to be questionable and I am currently working with my insurance company to investigate this. I was seen by Dr Spillan for almost one year and I felt like I gave him and his office staff a fair opertunity to help ease my pain. Current pain level when I left his care was an 9 out of 10 with a 7 being my lowest pain level during the whole treatment period.

Dec 3rd, 2010

I was his patient for several years while he was at Wake Forest Baptist Hospital. He is one of the finest doctors I have ever been in touch with. He not only was a wonderful doctor but he became a close friend, a doctor I could talk to. I treasured his friendship and the accuracy of treating me for my condition. He is rated excellent in my opinion.