Dr. William Steck MD Patient Reviews

• Gynecology West Orange, NJ

March 23rd, 2015
I have never met a Doctor with great bedside manner until I meet Dr. Steck. I have been a patient of his for almost 20 yrs..... REALLY

September 19th, 2013
I have to say I have nothing but good things to say about Doctor Steck, from day one he was on point, yes the wait time is a little long but I had to realize its because he ask questions he give you a chance to explain everything that's going on with you, and he will answer any and all of your questions and take the time out to explain anything you don't understand, and to me its worth the wait, I would rather have a Doctor like that then a Doctor who rushes you out because he have to hurry to the next patient. and I have never had a problem with the staff, they are human just as we have our good days and bad days so do they, but so Far I have never had a problem.I would not trade him for another Doctor unless I had too...I guess its nice to see what people have gone threw but to me I think you would have to judge for yourself..

June 25th, 2013
Too Long
Dr. Steck is a good doctor. But it is definately time he considers retiring. The wait time is RIDICULOUS. The average wait is 3-4 hours! with an appointment. His staff is very unprofessional. The tables in the room are turned towards the door.. so when you are having your exam, his staff comes in and out with questions! Extremely embarassing. Dr. Steck spends too much time on his Laptop computer writing notes. You can hear them talking about lunch etc. while you are waiting in the room for over 2 hours.

August 16th, 2012
Staff is not conssitent with following up on patients results. Dr. Steck is a good Ob/GYN but maybe its time to retire.

September 16th, 2011
Horrible Bedside Manner!!
I had appointment today at 9:00am and i didn't see the doctor until 11:20am!! I was upset because i had left work for a couple of hours to get my pap smear.The dr took way too long to see me so i kept asking his secretary what was going on.She kept giving me the run around making excuses for him.Once in the office,he was very rude asking me what seems to be the rush Ms Murphy? and that that's how it is when you are a Medicaid patient.That was so uncalled for,not to mention the fact that when he performed the pap smear it was very painful,which is so unlike him but i believe this time he hurt me while doing the procedure in purpose because to his understanding i was "rushing him".But im not gonna let this go.I will call my insurance and report his descriminatory behavior against medicaid patients.PLEASE,TO ALL THE WOMEN OUT THERE,DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR,HE WILL HUMILLIATE U AND HURT U WHEN PERFORMING THE PAP SMEAR!!!!

May 21st, 2011
Best ob-gyn in the country !!
Dr. Steck has been my doctor for over 30 years and even now that I live in Boston, I STILL drive down to New Jersey to see him rather than go to anyone else. He is kind, caring, compassionate, knowledgeable, intelligent, funny and you can feel completely at ease with him that you're in the best hands.

May 16th, 2011
First time visit
I thought that the Dr. was great. He was gentel and knew what he was talking about. The only gripe I have is with the wait time. I was squeezed in, but it was still a 3 hour process. Other than that the service was good and the staff is friendly over the phone and in person.

September 1st, 2010
Nasty man
Don't visit him, he will throw you out if you don't do it his way, ego trip.