Dr. William Strauss Is this you?

3.4

Good with patients/bad with caretakers

Posted on July 1st, 2012

Just had a terrible experience with this doctor as I was acting as a patient advocate for my 95 yr old father during an appointment. Was humiliated, spoken down to and put in the corner like a naughty student. In tears, at the receptionist's window (his wife) I was further put into my place as she cancelled someone else's appointment to make a follow-up appt. for dad, per her husband's instruction. I was told that "the doctor is always upset when he leaves the exam room after your visits". Pointing out that he had put me in tears, she said I'd have to do something about that. Now. I told her I couldn't deal with it at that time (and there were other patients in the waiting room listening to all of this). Beware of your dealings with Dr. Strauss' wife. And don't attempt to speak "out of turn" with the doctor or you may be scolded.

Not Good

Posted on September 6th, 2011

The "so-called" professional staff at this office is poor. The receptionist is a nightmare to deal with and has loose ethical values. The doctor is hard to talk to, that is, if you can even get him on the phone. I wouldn't send my worst nightmare to this office.

THIS GUY'S THE BEST, NO QUESTION

Posted on April 5th, 2011

I know: It's tough getting in to see him. Sometimes, you have to stand around in the office. Sometimes, the office staff seems short & not interested in taking time to talk with you. Here's the deal: Bill Strauss is probably the best all-'round medical professional in the area. He's an old-style doctor who actually cares about his patients. He takes whatever time he needs to make sure you're OK with what's going on. He does that with everyone, which is why -- sometimes -- you have to wait. He's also a new-style doctor. He knows the details of the tests he's giving you; he knows what could be inaccurate or misleading about the results; he knows what he needs to do to make sure he's got the information he needs; he knows the experts / specialists to talk to. This guy's the real deal. That's why his patient list is full!!!

Posted on April 4th, 2012