Dr. William Ballard MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 6th, 2016
When I first started seeing Dr Ballard he was great, but over the last few years it seems that his concern has went from being a quality physician to that of quantity. Seems he cares more about how many operations he can do in one day rather how many he can do right. Won't be back.

January 19th, 2016
love my surgeon. Dr. Ballard is TOP NOTCH

April 10th, 2014
Our family member had an emergency situation and Dr. Ballard fitted her into his schedule right away. We saw immediately that he was a kind, compassionate physician who really did care about his patients. We've known several people who have used him and all had wonderful things to say about him, so we knew we were in good hands. He was wonderful during the surgery, prayed with us at her bedside and was just very uplifting to be around. I would recommend him enthusiastically to anyone needing help. Thank you Dr. Ballard !!!!

January 25th, 2014
Excellent surgeon
I can not say enough good things about this doctor, he is an excellent, caring surgeon who did a great job on my bilateral knee replacement. On the day of surgery, I was already prepped in pre-surgery and scheduled next when the anesthesiologist said he would not put me to sleep because of a false report from a cardiologist that I had refused permission to do a chemical stress test the day before. Dr Ballard came to the room and explained that nothing could be done because of liability issues arising from this false report. Rather than walking away and being uncaring at this point, although he was extremely busy, Dr Ballard went out of his way, taking time to talk to hospital staff and other doctors to have a stress test done that morning at the hospital and assuring us he would stay as long as it takes to complete the knee surgery that day. To echo another reviewer, "if this man is not the best knee surgeon in the world, I feel he is certainly the best in the United States." He is in high demand and it may take a while to get an appointment with him. but I am a walking testimony that it is worth the wait for the best.

December 15th, 2013
Highly Pleased
Dr Ballard performed a double knee replacement surgery on me and I can not say enough good things about this doctor and his staff. They are busy but extremely good at what they do. If you are in need of knee replacement, my advice is to get to his office as fast as you can.

October 10th, 2013
Dr ballard found my trouble or bad hip about 12 years ago and i am so glad and happy. I went to one dr and he just didn't do a thing and talk to me for 10 seconds then charged me and my insurance. almost gave up on doctors and healthcare, but i got in to see dr ballard and he was caring and concern and fixed my problems..i have had many things done to me but of all of them, i would choosed to do the hip procedure over.. The pain finally went away and haven't had a problem yet. thank you

May 16th, 2013
Highly recommend
Dr Ballard came highly recommended to me from my sister who is a physical therapist and had worked with his patients post op and said how well they all had done! From my first initial visit I was totally at ease with him and felt I was in the best of hands. Before my surgery Dr Ballard asked if he could pray for me which meant the world to me and helped my nervousness! My surgery couldn't have gone more smoothly and within 6 weeks was totally pain free and now 3 months post op can't tell I recently had a total knee replacement! After many years of living with excruciating pain daily I only wished I had contacted him sooner! I would HIGHLY recommend Dr Ballard and would pick him again in the future if needed!

May 2nd, 2013
Dr. Ballard is very skilled and professional. He makes you feel like he cares about your problem and explains what he can do to help you. Then he fixes the problem.

October 5th, 2012
no way
we have major problems with this doctor. he NEVER has spnt enough time...always rushing around...he always apologizes when u call him out on a mistake..he does SO many surgeries, he doesnt care about the individual.. DONT TRUST THIS MAN! we are on our third surgery to fix his mistake..

August 16th, 2012
Dr. Ballard is a great doctor and he cares for his patients.In my opinion he is the best orthopedic surgeon in Chattanooga, Tn. He makes you feel comfortable when you visit his office. However, I don't like his PA ( P.A Bowman) he shows lack respect to Dr. Ballard Patients. He appears to be bias.I don't like Dr. Ballard's secretary because she's very rude and disrespectful.I love Nurse Peggy she is a sweet lady.

July 25th, 2012
Excellent Compassionate Doctor
Dr. Ballard is a very rare kind of Dr. He prays with each patient with their permission. This is so important to our family and we have the highest respect for him.

July 17th, 2012
K. Neill
WONDERFUL doctor...very nice to patients and caring..KNOWS what he is doing