Dr. William Long, MD
Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

Not quite out of the woods yet. show details Not quite out of the woods yet.
by Sirjoh Harrison on Aug 20th, 2015

I'm so thankful for the excellent new hips but the Revision on (R) is still giving me more issue than the left hip which also needs a Revision (whenever I can't take the pain).

Highly recommended doctor show details Highly recommended doctor
Apr 30th, 2015

Competent, professional and personable. Spent a lot of time explaining procedure. Patiently answered all questions. His PA Caitlyn also very helpful in answering questions, setting up appointments, etc. Very good experience!

Excellent surgeon show details Excellent surgeon
by J Starr on Apr 3rd, 2015

I put off surgery for 3 years, then I found Dr Long! Saved my mobility!

You are the goose & he is the gander, do your part show details You are the goose & he is the gander, do your part
by Janet M. Rodriguez on Mar 21st, 2015

This man is passionate about his work and has the wisdom & experience to explain everything to his patients. If you become one of his patients, consider yourself a lucky one. There is nothing that this man does to indicate he is working.. YOU have a huge responsibility to make good after surgery. It is NOT your doctor's responsibility to coddle you through recovery. Its your body and your responsibility to listen and follow his rules regarding do's and don'ts and exercising. HE IS NOT just another orthopaedic doctor and you owe it to him to progress.

Dr. Long-a great doctor show details Dr. Long-a great doctor
by Lois Yung on Feb 2nd, 2015

Dr. Long is a wonderful doctor. He explains things very well and spends as much time with you as you need. He is easy to ralk to and has a very friendly and gentle manner.

Dr LONG-evity and Technology show details Dr LONG-evity and Technology
by J.M. Rodriguez on Apr 4th, 2014

Take a step into the world of technology with a man who isn't afraid to use it. If anyone knows surgery, its me. If anyone knows recovery, its me. If there is anyone to find a doctor, a great one (or 2) it was me. When I found him I knew and kept him for 45 years. Retirement for him was never figured into my picture. When it came, I was broken. Since that time this special man Dr Noel (who held my trust) introduced and passed the baton to yet another highly skilled man who would take over my hip journey's future, Dr William T. Long. After having had congenital, bilateral dislocated hips since birth, (discovered too late) I have dealt with surgery and it's aftermath for a very long time. The nausea, the emotional impact, the pain, the stress, the recovery were all very, very difficult for me. In my entire history of surgery, none were as unique and smooth as the one I had with Dr. Long just 5 weeks ago. It was the easiest surgery of my lifetime, required so little of me that my usual job of giving 100% seemed a trivial task. I had both revisions at the same time. It wasn't just the computer surgery that was different. Dr Long's entire pre-op/post op procedures were significantly different than my past and some were the very opposite to what I was used to. The surgery, the anesthetics, the recovery, the pain management, the catheter & weight bearing after surgery and the therapy were ALL different. Dr Long didn't just make one change in surgery. This man put together a surgical plan that encompassed & focused on gathering years of past patient's negative experiences from surgeries through his years of research. With each negative he found positive alternatives and implemented them ... all of them. Dr Long is not a magician but he does have what I'll call a "bag of tricks" that brings him and his patients positive successes. He readily admits that "his way" works not just because of HIM but because of his TEAM. His team works with him regularly and has been his team for 10 years. Yes, he is my new doctor but it was my doctor of 45 years, Dr Noel who made the introduction and his word is as good as gold. If you are looking for a miracle, this is as good as it gets. Whichever doctor you choose it is your responsibility as a patient to do your part after surgery and you DO have a part. If you don't give 100% of your mind and body to make this surgery work then you might as well let your fingers do the walking through the yellow pages and choose an orthopaedic doctor who has a waiting room "no wait" time. Our visions of a surgeon in the past brought a scalpel to mind. Could any of us have fathomed the same word surgeon would bring to mind a scalpel, a computer and a mouse? Take a step in to the world of technology and the office of a man who KNOWS how to use it. Janet

Great surgeon show details Great surgeon
by Mariko Kahn on Mar 28th, 2013

Dr. Long has done a full hip and a total knee replacement for my husband. We have found him to be compassionate and caring, taking the time to answer questions and be down to earth. You are in good hands with this physician and we recommend him without reservation.

Highly recommend! show details Highly recommend!
Oct 1st, 2012

I never thought I would be able to walk painlessly again, but after having both knees done in April I can say the results are nearly miraculous. You do have to wait to see the Dr., but you are waiting because he devotes so much time to each patient. I have never felt rushed. He sits down and really listens to what you are saying, and then thoroughly answers your questions. He is a very caring physician.

Excellent bedside manner and skills show details Excellent bedside manner and skills
Jul 7th, 2011

I live in Dallas, TX and flew to have Dr. Long perform revision surgery on my hip replacement. I had a loose cup and his diagnosis was correct. He's very confident, without being "cocky". He is very caring and really wants his patients to do well. If you are having trouble with your hip replacement, I would recommend Dr. Long, no matter where you live.