Dr. William Long MD Patient Reviews

• 7 reviews

July 10th, 2016
My Story
9 years ago I underwent FULL LEFT HIP replacement via Dr. Long. I was cut at 7 am, in recovery at 11 am and WALKED out of the hospital without cane, pain or insane at 4 pm. Once home I took long walks daily which incluced steep steps. You cannot be a coach potato during recovery. In 3 days I drove my car, have yet to take a pain pill and the scar on my left check is invisible now. All in all , a somewhat miraculous recovery, but the surgery was precise and I followed directions both pre and post surgery. Today you would never know I even had hip replacement. I walked 2 miles 4 days after surgery and have had no complications. Is the a better testimonial than a patient who prepared well and relied on the surgical skills of his doctor?

August 20th, 2015
Not quite out of the woods yet.
I'm so thankful for the excellent new hips but the Revision on (R) is still giving me more issue than the left hip which also needs a Revision (whenever I can't take the pain).

April 30th, 2015
Highly recommended doctor
Competent, professional and personable. Spent a lot of time explaining procedure. Patiently answered all questions. His PA Caitlyn also very helpful in answering questions, setting up appointments, etc. Very good experience!

April 3rd, 2015
Excellent surgeon
I put off surgery for 3 years, then I found Dr Long! Saved my mobility!

March 21st, 2015
You are the goose & he is the gander, do your part
This man is passionate about his work and has the wisdom & experience to explain everything to his patients. If you become one of his patients, consider yourself a lucky one. There is nothing that this man does to indicate he is working.. YOU have a huge responsibility to make good after surgery. It is NOT your doctor's responsibility to coddle you through recovery. Its your body and your responsibility to listen and follow his rules regarding do's and don'ts and exercising. HE IS NOT just another orthopaedic doctor and you owe it to him to progress.

February 2nd, 2015
Dr. Long-a great doctor
Dr. Long is a wonderful doctor. He explains things very well and spends as much time with you as you need. He is easy to ralk to and has a very friendly and gentle manner.

March 28th, 2013
Great surgeon
Dr. Long has done a full hip and a total knee replacement for my husband. We have found him to be compassionate and caring, taking the time to answer questions and be down to earth. You are in good hands with this physician and we recommend him without reservation.