Dr. William Long Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. William Long?

Dupuytren's Contracture

Have you seen Dr. William Long?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 15th, 2017

A Blessing

Another surgeon performed a TKR that left me in a wheelchair in debilitating pain and disabled close to four months. Dr. Long was able to save me from losing my life and limb through his care and medical genius. I am now walking again and will be forever grateful to Dr Long.

January 5th, 2017

Misleading

I feel totally mislead about the actual care I would need for my recovery after my total knee replacement it was extremely difficult to fill my narcotic prescription which was written for me in the hospital luckily Costco filled my narcotic prescription anyone recovering should know realistically it will take a full year to feel fully functional and I did not have someone prepared to give me total care for the first month after my recovery. Dr. Long should have told me I would need this. My pain was very intense and Dr. Long made me feel as if I was not telling the truth about the intensity of my pain I went to a pain specialist named Dr. Minor who helped me tremendously Dr. LONG gave me very little very little attention after surgery and I needed dr. monitoring while I was going through so much pain I'm very disappointed at how hard it is to get narcotics prescriptions filled when a patient truly needs them for his first few months after surgery and the doctor did not warn me Dr. LONG did not warn me of this. When I tried to get an appointment with him the staff was very quick to say for follow ups I have to see his PA I do not feel as if I was told the truth before my surgery of how hard the recovery would be and how much I would be dependent on someone for care the first month after surgery. Physical therapy is very important but do not push yourself to severe pain during therapy or it will set you back in your healing process.

July 10th, 2016

My Story

9 years ago I underwent FULL LEFT HIP replacement via Dr. Long. I was cut at 7 am, in recovery at 11 am and WALKED out of the hospital without cane, pain or insane at 4 pm. Once home I took long walks daily which incluced steep steps. You cannot be a coach potato during recovery. In 3 days I drove my car, have yet to take a pain pill and the scar on my left check is invisible now. All in all , a somewhat miraculous recovery, but the surgery was precise and I followed directions both pre and post surgery. Today you would never know I even had hip replacement. I walked 2 miles 4 days after surgery and have had no complications. Is the a better testimonial than a patient who prepared well and relied on the surgical skills of his doctor?

August 20th, 2015

Not quite out of the woods yet.

I'm so thankful for the excellent new hips but the Revision on (R) is still giving me more issue than the left hip which also needs a Revision (whenever I can't take the pain).

April 30th, 2015

Highly recommended doctor

Competent, professional and personable. Spent a lot of time explaining procedure. Patiently answered all questions. His PA Caitlyn also very helpful in answering questions, setting up appointments, etc. Very good experience!

April 4th, 2015

Excellent surgeon

I put off surgery for 3 years, then I found Dr Long! Saved my mobility!

March 22nd, 2015

You are the goose & he is the gander, do your part

This man is passionate about his work and has the wisdom & experience to explain everything to his patients. If you become one of his patients, consider yourself a lucky one. There is nothing that this man does to indicate he is working.. YOU have a huge responsibility to make good after surgery. It is NOT your doctor's responsibility to coddle you through recovery. Its your body and your responsibility to listen and follow his rules regarding do's and don'ts and exercising. HE IS NOT just another orthopaedic doctor and you owe it to him to progress.

February 2nd, 2015

Dr. Long-a great doctor

Dr. Long is a wonderful doctor. He explains things very well and spends as much time with you as you need. He is easy to ralk to and has a very friendly and gentle manner.

January 18th, 2015

Knee replacement

March 24th, 2014

patient

March 29th, 2013

Great surgeon

Dr. Long has done a full hip and a total knee replacement for my husband. We have found him to be compassionate and caring, taking the time to answer questions and be down to earth. You are in good hands with this physician and we recommend him without reservation.

August 4th, 2017