Surgical Specialist
Video profile
1765 Old W Br
Athens, GA 30606
706-549-1663
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

by Patricia Carter on Jun 3rd, 2013

I had lower back surgery Feb. 13th 2012. Shortly afterward I developed SEVERE HETROTOPIC OSSIFICATION (SEVERE BONE OVERGROWTH) of my entire spine. After 15 months the bone is continuing to grow. He would not see me after that. His assistant told me to take pain medicine and stay as active as I could and dismissed me. I have been to 4 other doctors including Emory Spinal Clinic and was told nothing could be done for me. I am now in VERY BAD CONDITION and getting worse daily!

Oct 31st, 2012

Dr Talley seemed like a pretty good Dr prior to my back surgery..... actually he was even ok when i came in for my follow up from surgery. Don't like how i was treated after that. Made me feel like he didn't believe i was still in ALOT of pain and rushed threw my visits after that.

May 16th, 2012

terrible surgery results,terrible staff, unfriendly doctor

Sep 16th, 2011

Operated on me at Athens Regional and on my daughter at the surgery center. Both of us had good experiences. He gave us the facts beforehand and let us make the decision about whether or not to have surgery. I'm still under his follow-up care.

|  Dr.Tally may be a nice man but POOR BEDSIDE MANNER!  |  show details
by KQB on Jul 29th, 2010

I not one to write reviews on anyone or anything. I was referred to him and have see him twice. He basically said my Dr. prior to him did my surgery the "wrong way" as far as the approach goes, but my first surgery went well and healed well he said. By the way I had to get a new Dr. not by choice but because of insurance. He basically dogged out my other Dr. who I LOVED and told me I was addicted to pain pill. He didn't have a chard in the room and kept having to leave the room to look at my MRI. He was to me rude and completely unprofessional. He wants to do surgery but there is NO WAY he will be doing it with the uncaring and rude bedside manner. He wouldn't tell me the details of my surgery he said it was "a waste of time and I would get it at my pre-op appt."(2 days prior to my surgery)

|  happy  |  show details
by nomorelegpain on Jun 3rd, 2010

Took out my herniated disc in the Athens orthopedic clinic surgery center. The experience was top rate and friendly. Dr tally is honest and lets patients decide if surgery is right for them- he doesn't try to sell himself

|  satisfied  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2010

I am not sure about the previous rating. My experience was inline with other physician visits