Dr. William Thorell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 30th, 2016
Outstanding Doctor
Outstanding Doctor. Explains things very well. Very easy to talk with.

March 15th, 2016
He's the best neurosurgeon in the Midwest, he is knowledgeable and his bed side manner is amazing. He's a friend and a brilliant neurosurgeon.

November 19th, 2015
Simply the best!

May 2nd, 2014
One year ago today
One year ago today Dr Thorell performed a surgical procedure on my brain to relieve pressure caused by a subarachnoid hemorrhage. Because of him and his team of surgeons I am alive and well. I am able to work, play piano, care for feral cats, and everything else that I care about. Thank you Dr Thorell for saving my life.

November 21st, 2013
Kind, caring and competent.
Very personable, considerate and thorough. Dr. Thorell took his time in explaining my condition to me, as well as the surgical procedure I would go through. I had trouble making the appointment (it took three phone calls and an in-person visit to schedule the visit), but once I ran the administrative gauntlet, it was worth the trouble. I highly recommend this physician.

June 26th, 2013
It took over a month to get an appointment and once at the office I waited almost an entire hour before I was taken back to visit the doctor. That does not deter me from highly recommending him. He was friendly and easy to talk with. He was very interested in making sure I understood what was going on. He was very accessible when questions arrived between the visit and surgery. He personally followed up with results.

March 18th, 2013
extremely blessed
Our family was totally blown away by the caring nature of this doctor. He completely changed his schedule to perform a immediately needed surgery. We will forever be grateful to him! And the dire situation was completely healed. THANK YOU DR. THORELL

December 3rd, 2010
Very caring and a compassionate doctor, he listens to what your saying and explains everything to you so that you understand. Best doctor around.

November 24th, 2010
My neurosurgeon
I was very grateful to have had Dr. Thorell taking care of me the day I had my stroke. He is extremely knowledgable and seems to truly care about people! Even some of the staff that work with him bragged on how he is not only very smart but also cares so much about people. I thought to myself, "If his co-workers are saying this about him it must be true.I have to say the entire staff at UNMC blew me away. I've had some bad hospital and doctor experiences, but UNMC and Dr. Thorell were exceptional!They were there for me in a desparate moment and they came through!The only thing I would have changed is that I would have like to have been able to talk to him during my last appointment instead of a nurse. I wanted to ask him questions about what I've been through and I din't get the chance. I want to learn as much as I can about strokes and aneurysms so I can develope a preventative lifestyle and help to educate others.Having said that, not only do I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Thorell. I also HIGHLY recommend UNMC!!!!!!!

September 23rd, 2009
Review for Doctor Thorell
If Doctor Thorell did not think outside the box, I would not be here today! I am so grateful he was at the Med Center when I was diagnosed with a brain tumor... He is so patient and kind and extremely smart! The man is a genius with the best bed-side manner a doctor could ever have. He has talked me down "from a ledge" before going into surgery, and for that deserves a medal!!

September 29th, 2008
Excellent surgeon
Dr. Thorell performed a coiling procedure on a ruptured aneurysm which I feel saved my life. Even before the procedure was performed, he made every effort to ensure that my family and myself completely understood the procedure and risks involved. Even the potential for serious complications were discussed. Believe it or not, we all appreciated that as well.